Help me pick substrate

throwing my question in - I see controsoil comes in 3 sizes.. any preference or pics with the different sizes? Just curious.. because I have no plans to do another tank... yea right... ha ha

I used ADA Aquasoil exclusively for sometime in all of my shrimp tanks. I recently made the switch to testing Controsoil. Though I am still in the cycling phases, some perks I see is the clarity of the water, and the reduction/elimination of ammonia leaching.

I think my favorite size is the "Fine", as I originally received a bag of each size to test. 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L9IHIYS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=QFC7WBWYSSH0&coliid=I1JEKVSP4M360V&psc=1 

There is the controsoil. What else are you looking for? We have some GREAT sponsors here that sell a lot of great shrimp products. If you list what you are looking for they might be able to help or at least point you in the right direction.

Are you in the USA?

I also check out ebay

I have a neo tank that has regular gravel and I just does it with stout ...So far its thriving lots of new babies & move berried females everyday! I wanted to keep it really simple & I dont really want to use alot of  suppliments.

Salty Shrimp works well and is cheap for how much water it makes, the only drawback is the dosing is a little picky. It would be much easier if you had a digital scale to weigh the powder for accurate dosing. A liquid remineralizer is very easy to dose like MK Breed Blue Diamond or SL Aqua Blue Wizard.