Cardinal Shrimp adjustment from 7.5 to 8.5

So after seeing the video ctaylor posted on Bryce's thread about cardinal shrimp, I have decided to keep my remaining Cardinals and try a new rescape along with SS 8.5

I have successfully bred several spawns using SS 7.5, but I have read that 8.5 produces more(not sure if thats true).  So, anyway I just received my 8.5 and was wondering how you guys/gals would go about transitioning the tank to the higher PH.  I'm thinking of over the course of the next few weeks, after doing about 10-20% water changes weekly, replacing the water with 8.5 and dripping it in for about 2 hours.

What do you think?

Already dissolving as we speak.

Quick question.... what are the small egg-like creatures that move extremely slow across the glass. I'm having a brain fart and cannot remember.

Basically they are clearish white with a dark spot in the middle and are about 1.5mm in size.

Definantly take your time dropping it. I'm sure you know how sensitive they are to changes. Co2 helps dissolve it. Shake the bottle once a day to. Will dissolve quick

-Chris