boiling Salty Shrimp 8.5

Curious if anyone has ever tried boiling RO and 8.5 like the instructions suggest?

I am trying it as we speak and will keep up with the time it takes. Though my stainless steel pots are 3 gallon and 2.5 gallon. So I'm just dosing half my normal 5 gallon bucket worth in each pot then will pour back into the bucket once dissolved and then fine tune the temperature before putting it in the tank.

I boiled it in a big pot and then diluted it into a 55 gal drum.  The mixture stayed cloudy for days.  When I added to the tank (100% water change) it was super cloudy but cleared within 24hours.

I have never had issues with cloudiness the GH/KH+ or the GH+ when I use them

Yea, never boiled mine. Heard it helps but still takes a day to dissolve. Just checked mine after two weeks and still have some on the bottom. Can tell I don't do water changes Much lol. Only done 1/2g since I got them.

-Chris

Ok, so no difference after boiling, still cloudy.

I'm going on vacation this week and I just started another 5 gallon bucket with 8.5, I have a small pump and heater set to 90 degrees in the bucket. We'll see the results after a week.

I did read somewhere that they heat a small cup of RO water with 8.5 in the microwave, then add straight RO water to the tank while slowly adding the contents of the cup. Either way, I am always paranoid of possible deaths from doing a cloudy water change!