Next Dollar per gallon sale?

Roborep1

I think the sale happens like about 4 times a year now, at least according to a cashier I asked a while ago. They had one late last year, and one all through April. In anticipation of the next sale, I bought some Aqueon versa tops from Doctors Foster and Smith since they were offering free shipping on all orders. I want to go soon, since they sent out a 20% off coupon for your entire purchase of regular priced items. I need a few more 5 gallon tanks, which are excluded from the dollar per gallon sale.

• 2 weeks later...
The sale is on! June 26th to August 6th here in the Bay Area at least. The sale includes 10, 20, 20L, 29, 40, and 55 gallon tanks. I want to pick up two 10s and a 5.5.

WOOOOOOOOO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's that time again. I just got an e-mail today, though it appears that the sale started yesterday. It goes on until November 5th, and the e-mail I got also says it includes 75 gallon tanks in select stores. Check your e-mails, because I also got a coupon for $15 off purchases of $75 or more. I think I want to sneak in 2 more 10 gallon tanks, or a 20 long, though I would love a rack of 40 breeders.

• 1 month later...

Something to mention is that we are now ~4 weeks from Black Friday sales when PetSmart likes to do a 50% off sale. Last year I picked up a Fluval 306 for 80-90$, a bunch of HOBs and other stuff.

I didn't pick up one of their monster tank setups for 300-400$ as I was not sure where I could fit it. At this point I'm trying to figure out where to fit one.

So hopefully they do one again this year so I can punish my wallet mercilessly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So got my fluval 406 from petsmart for ~125 I think. it is blasting my 55. the FX6s were sold out but I could have gotten an FX4 for 50%

Wife and I are arguing about how much our house needs a few 125s.. Anyone got tips on winning an argument like this? One emp even offered to tack his emp discount onto the 50% off... NEED MORE TANKS!!!

...I could stop if I wanted to.

• 2 months later...

They seem to do it every 4 months or so. The last one was in January, and the sale usually lasts about a month. I couldn't wait for the next sale, so my last tank was a 20 long that I picked up from petsmart. They're $28 right now, but I ordered one online while they had a $10 off any $30 purchase promotion. I added some fish food to get the pre-discount over $30, paid about $22, then picked up in store the next day. I wanted 2 of them, but the site said they only had 1 in stock at the store. Annoyingly, they had some 20 longs on the shelves when I got to the store. Still a great deal. I was gonna pick up another one today, but I didn't want to carry the tank in while my family was home.

Petsmart is running a good deal on their site for the next few hours. All of their Aqueon tanks available on their site are 25% off, so their 10 and 20 long tanks are a little over a $1 per gallon ($11.24 and $21.03 before taxes). You can purchase online, then pick up the tank within 5 days at the store. Sadly, the nearest location to me is out of stock for both the 10s and 20s, and the sale only applies to what is available at the store you select, so I'll probably wait for the nearest store to get in new stock. The sale also seems to apply to all of their other aquariums/kits as well.

http://www.petsmart.com/sale/fish/supplies/aquariums-and-stands/aqueon-glass-aquarium-31896.html?cgid=S300013

2 hours ago, seaj said:

Petsmart is running a good deal on their site for the next few hours. All of their Aqueon tanks available on their site are 25% off, so their 10 and 20 long tanks are a little over a $1 per gallon ($11.24 and $21.03 before taxes). You can purchase online, then pick up the tank within 5 days at the store. Sadly, the nearest location to me is out of stock for both the 10s and 20s, and the sale only applies to what is available at the store you select, so I'll probably wait for the nearest store to get in new stock. The sale also seems to apply to all of their other aquariums/kits as well.

http://www.petsmart.com/sale/fish/supplies/aquariums-and-stands/aqueon-glass-aquarium-31896.html?cgid=S300013

nice!

around me there are petsmart, petco, and pet supplies plus.  All 3 of these stores do the $1 per  gallon sale 3 to 4 times per year.  one of them (either petsmart or petco) includes the 75 gallon in the sale every so often.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, seaj said:

Not sure if this is a local thing, but can anyone else confirm what tanks are available at your stores? It seems the sale in now limited to 10, 20, and 29 gallon tanks. 

my current local ad for petco is only showing 10g, 20g, 20g long, 29g tanks.  The typical ad normally shows the 55g and every once in a while a 75g.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all,

Visited Pet Supplies Plus here in Ohio looking for a Gold Mystery snail for my Grandson and noticed that they are having $1 a gallon sale on Aqueon tanks.  As usual less then 10g and their 15g are not included but everything up to 55g is on sale.,,,,Mike                P.S.   Anyone here in N.E. Ohio interested in 40g breeder as I have extras

On 9/25/2017 at 2:59 AM, oem said:

Hi all,

Visited Pet Supplies Plus here in Ohio looking for a Gold Mystery snail for my Grandson and noticed that they are having $1 a gallon sale on Aqueon tanks.  As usual less then 10g and their 15g are not included but everything up to 55g is on sale.,,,,Mike                P.S.   Anyone here in N.E. Ohio interested in 40g breeder as I have extras

Looks like petco is getting ready too. Had a whole pallet of 75g out and one of 10g

so when is this sale going to be? i was looking on a few pages to find the cheapest 10g because i want to start a shrimp rack but could find them that cheap so it would be perfect if petco starts their $1 per gallon sale anytime soon

• 3 months later...

Just went to my local Petco in Washington and saw that the $1/gallon sale is going on now until Feb. 3rd for anyone interested. Picked up a couple of 10 gals and a 20 while I was there.