DIY filter

vsparkys

Was bored so I made this do U think it would work it pushs air at the bottom then water gos through cloth the air pushing in makes suction to pull the water in

so its working but is this cloth anygood at filtering and holding all the goddies

Sent from my 7 Mozart using Tapatalk

post-163-13993900156_thumb.jpg

I like it, I kind of did the same thing with this DIY filter that I made to build bacteria, so I

can put it in the new tank to help it cycle faster.

Diy filter1

Diy filter3

fish1

It will clean too, but i mainly want it to use for cycling a new tank I am setting up now.

I am looking at these DIY filters that would be a sponge filter x10. They would be great for my fry tanks and my 10g shrimp tanks. They work on the same concept as a sponge filter but a lot larger area. I am looking at a good place to purchase decent foam to use. They are called hamburg sponge filters.

post-124-0-22104200-1399571009.png

I found a 4x8 sheet that was 50$ with shipping that was the poret foam. That would do a lot of tanks I would think. I'll see what number I can get and compare,

-Chris

A 4x8 sheet? That's crazy. Where did you get your hands on that?

I'll link the site. It would be cheaper than buying the little squares they cell. It's the same from what I see.

-Chris

I'll thro the link up when I work again. Thought I wrote it down. It's saved at work though.

-Chris

The fish is a Dwarf Gourami