the next level

manticore

with october 2015 i will start a master degree in biology specializing directly on mosses. I already have more than 30 species and soon there will be more than 10 fissidens species  in my colection. i would kindly cooperate with anyone that has nice fissidens species but also other aquatic mosses, and does not exactly know what he has. simply wirte me and maybe we will find a way to cooperate.

hi there, the course is called sistemic ecology, but i already talked with my former professor (PhD in determining mosses with over 20 years experience). i talked clearly  that the direction is "aquatic mosses, especially the genus Fissidens" and the project will be "in vitro cultures of the fissidens genus". but beyond doing this, for me is important to get there complete skills to scientifically determin any moss species. 

it is in Romania, we have here a good tradition over several generations (since at least 1880) on this domain of classifying mosses.

we do not have that tehnology here, i do not know what relations the university has in that domain, we had some projects with PCR on bombina hybrids with munich university almost 20 years ago, but PCR is not directly at the university where i will study. it will be the absolute classical way. but with some really good books, classical is also ok. it will be maybe difficult in the ideea that slowly interesting specimens from tropical regions are coming to me (like idduki and bhagamandala), but i am confident that the most things will be manageable. if not i wil contact some friends and we will go also on PCR analysis.