Looking for some moss advice

Shrimple minded

I'm running in to a few issues with my moss, and was hoping I could gather some advice and ideas from those in the know.

Hair algae and low (no) growth with my Fissidens Fontanus:  I have several pieces of Fissidens on SS mesh that are currently in a low (LED) light 10g tank that has 2 sponge filters for filtration.  Photoperiod is 5 hours, and I'm not using any ferts.  I'm afraid of increasing light and/or use of ferts or dosing excel because I don't want to add to the algae issue, but if it is recommended that I do so they could be moved to another tank where I could safely do all of the above.  From what I've read, lack of water flow is my biggest problem, as there is little water movement with just the 2 sponge filters.  I'm considering moving the fissidens to another tank and adding a powerhead to see if I can get the moss to recover and prosper.  If anyone has other ideas to increase flow, I'd be interested to hear them.  Pictures below:

10dvdye.jpg

10dskef.jpg

Christmas, Mini-Christmas, Triangle mosses turning brown and dying off:  I'm also attaching pictures below for reference.  I've already lost my Christmas moss, and now my mini-Christmas and my Triangle moss seem to be headed in the same direction.  All of these pieces are in my main tank (steady Card parameters, 73F temp) on SS mesh.  I VERY lightly dose SL aqua shrimp-safe plant ferts in this tank, and have the same 5 hour photoperiod as above.  I've tried moving them more directly into the outflow from my canister filtration with no improvement.  Prior to the full die-off of the Christmas moss, I attempted to trim off only the live (green) moss and re-mount it fresh on new SS mesh......this didn't work at all and the remainder went brown.   I don't know if I should increase light intensity or duration, add more ferts, or address water movement.  The flame moss, mini-fissidens, mini-pellia, and rose moss (and several buces) in this tank are all thriving and doing well.  I would welcome any tips, advice, or suggestions.

2hezrbr.jpg

2d7iuip.jpg

I doubt 5 hours of light is enough, I would run your lights for 8 hours but raise them and or add a diffuser to make the light less intense. I run my LEDs for 10 hours straight but I have all my lights raised up and use multiple diffuser panels. When the plants are established and no algae is growing I remove a panel and monitor for a few weeks then keep going until my plants are growing well and im not getting algae growth. I use to have horrible algae problems running the same lights for 8 hrs with a one hour break. Since I started raising and diffusing plants with algae when added to these tanks will lose the algae on its own.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I'm kicking the lights up to 8 hours a day based on your recommendation.

At this time, I'd rather not go down the CO2 pathway not only because of expense, but mainly because I'm already having quite the experience managing all of the variables on my first Card tank and don't want to confuse things further.  I do appreciate the advice and realize that it would be the cure to many of my troubles, just not comfortable going down this road.

I'm using 2 layers of window screening as a light-diffuser and will add/remove as algae allows.  I'm hoping with 2 layers and 8 hours I can stay at equilibrium.

-Do you think I should increase fertilization?

-What are your thoughts on water-flow, should this be addressed?

Do you have floating plants in this tank? The only ferts I dose are trace elements daily or ever other day, Other that that its shrimp poo for ferts and my plants grow great. Water flow is good but I think your problem is more light/fert balance.