TB terms

red bolt is kinda new i think i have not really seen good pics and i dont know if there are many in the us yet

I know I would like to see these. It would be nice to have a red bolt that looked like a blue bolt but red. Wonder if this was the result of wine red X Blue bolt.

Are we going to get into Tibees, Pintos in this one? I am starting a journal soon as my tank is setup for them.

Ok cool, still researching what I want to cross. Gotta get my TB breeding, so I have some to play with. Definantly going for some pintos though they are awesome.

-Chris

what is the difference between a TB and what people are calling a Mischling?

what is the difference between a TB and what people are calling a Mischling?

Mischling are crosses of red and black crystals with Taiwan Bees. They make the Taiwan bees more hardy and keeps the lines going. That's the rough guide.

-Chris

So, it is good to put a few CBS, and CRS in with your TB's?

So, it is good to put a few CBS, and CRS in with your TB's?

Yes that is what most people do. Some keep just females so they only breed with the TB males. You will get a 50/50 offspring if they pair like that. I let mine all breed together. Well see what happens. Depends on what you want to do with them.

-Chris

mixing is a personal choice. i have talked to a couple big shrimp people and they said there really is no need to mix them. tb are alot stronger now than they used to be and by mixing you just water down the tb genes. most get both because mischlings are alot cheaper and you have a chance at getting tb from them. for me it was all or nothing. i didnt want to have to try and remove the crs/cbs later on so i went all tb and no mischling

mixing is a personal choice. i have talked to a couple big shrimp people and they said there really is no need to mix them. tb are alot stronger now than they used to be and by mixing you just water down the tb genes. most get both because mischlings are alot cheaper and you have a chance at getting tb from them. for me it was all or nothing. i didnt want to have to try and remove the crs/cbs later on so i went all tb and no mischling

That's the truth, me I went for both because I wanted a chance to have some and if it helped keep the few expensive ones alive then it was worth the trouble. I also had plans of crossing mine with other strains and mischlings are very cheap compared to what a decent crs or cbs. Like he said depends on choice and what your plans are.

-Chris

lol thanks bryce that made me snicker always good when that is one of the first things you do when you get up .

i just know alot about a man dominated subject (shrimp) hehehe

I've met a few women into shrimp!

-Chris