GlasGarten Products Reviewed!!

Tanman19az

GlasGarten Products Reviewed

Posted Image

While perusing the European shrimp sites, I found the GlasGarten product line. GlasGarten offers Bacter AE, BetaGlucans, Shrimp Dinner, and Shrimp Baby. I love their packaging! It has that clean bold look and really looked like it was high quality stuff. Well I looked around the European sites and tried to find the best deal shipped to the US. The prices were outrageous so I gave up for a few days. My friend, Eric from SCAPE, recently ventured into importing shrimp foods and supplements. At the time, he only offered Tantora, Ebiken, and Shirakura products. I asked him if he had heard of GlasGarten and he hadn't but he would contact the company and see if he could import their products. It turned out he could and after a long month visit/stay at the US Customs office, I finally got my Bacter AE and BetaGlucans :). I added Shrimp Dinner and Shrimp Baby to the arsenal later.

Bacter AE

Posted Image

What intrigued me at first was the idea of creating your own healthy and nutritious biofilm for your shrimp by using Bacter AE. I have had bacteria supplements like Mosura BT-9, Ebiken Han, and BorneoWild Enlive, but none of these produced a noticeable biofilm. Well after a good solid month of testing Bacter AE, I have found that the product does live up to its claim and provides a nice biofilm not only on the tank glass but on moss, plants, and Indian Almond Leaves.

This is a daily supplement so I would definitely invest in the bigger size. Plus, it's hard to remember to dose your tank every night. Also, keep in mind that this supplement is not only nourishing your shrimp but if you have any pests like I did with seed shrimp, it feeds them too :) Your tank may appear very cloudy when dosing at first, but 5-10 minutes later it's as clear as it was before.

Bottom line: BUY IT

BetaGlucans

Posted Image

This is a prevention food/supplement that keeps shrimp healthy and keeps diseases and bacterial infections at bay. It is one of those supplements that you can't tell it's working unless you had a outbreak or a massive die off. This is another one of those "peace of mind" products so if you have expensive shrimp (Taiwan Bees, Crystals, Blue Diamond Neos, Royal Blue Tigers, OEBTs, BTOEs, Carbon Rili Neos, Bloody Mary Shrimp or anything over $5 per shrimp) then this is a great supplement to buy to protect your investment :)

Like Bacter AE, this is a powder that you dose into your tank. However, BetaGlucans is only recommended to be dosed twice per week at a half a scoop per dose. So this bottle will go a long way unless you have hardcore MTS. There is two other similar products out there that I know of...one is Mosura Tonic Pro and the other is BioMax Taiwan - Beta G

Shrimp Dinner

Posted Image

This is the staple food of the GlasGarten brand. They recommend to feed it everyday, but if you're like me then it's in a rotation of different foods. The shrimp dinner food comes in two options: Pads and Granules. I chose to get the granules because I end up breaking up my food to a smaller size and putting pieces on both ends of the tank. So I thought that these granules would be somewhere near that size that I usually break off but I was totally wrong. These are small patties and there is a bunch of them! They are a little bigger than everyone's first shrimp, Hikari Shrimp Cuisine. GG says that you can give one granule to each shrimp, but realistically I think it's more like one wafer for three shrimp.

The shrimp like the food, but it's not a love or a shrimp fight for it. I would be weary of just throwing the pellets in randomly. The granules break apart very easily so you can get food stuck in places you don't want. I don't know if I like the fact it becomes soft and breaks apart easily. I don't like how pieces fly everywhere in the tank, but then again it's good for the little ones to eat the scraps.

Bottom Line: TRY IT

Shrimp Baby

Posted Image

I was a little hesitant to buy another baby food because I have so many and a little goes a long way with baby shrimp food. I decided to try it since it is the only red-colored baby shrimp food that I've seen. It has

Astaxanthin in it to bring out the colors at an early age and is full of protein for quick growth.

So after several feedings, I really love this stuff. I'll put it up there with Ebiken EI. The shrimp come to the surface to pick at the powder. It has a strong odor to it and you can just tell the shrimp love it. It spreads out nicely, too.

Bottom Line: BUY IT

I really like the Bacter AE, it seems to do a really good job of creating biofilm!  I am saying this since my shrimp are eating significantly less prepared food then they used to so I know that means they are eating more biofilm

• 2 weeks later...

Bacter EA needs better packaging. I literally lost 1/8 of the powder just trying to get the spoon. Why would they have the powder basically all the way to the top and the spoon is at the middle... Not sure if my shrimp are liking it yet but will know soon. 

Yes you need to be very careful getting that spoon out, they pack that bottle FULL!

GlasGarten Products Reviewed

Posted Image

While perusing the European shrimp sites, I found the GlasGarten product line. GlasGarten offers Bacter AE, BetaGlucans, Shrimp Dinner, and Shrimp Baby. I love their packaging! It has that clean bold look and really looked like it was high quality stuff. Well I looked around the European sites and tried to find the best deal shipped to the US. The prices were outrageous so I gave up for a few days. My friend, Eric from SCAPE, recently ventured into importing shrimp foods and supplements. At the time, he only offered Tantora, Ebiken, and Shirakura products. I asked him if he had heard of GlasGarten and he hadn't but he would contact the company and see if he could import their products. It turned out he could and after a long month visit/stay at the US Customs office, I finally got my Bacter AE and BetaGlucans :). I added Shrimp Dinner and Shrimp Baby to the arsenal later.

Bacter AE

Posted Image

What intrigued me at first was the idea of creating your own healthy and nutritious biofilm for your shrimp by using Bacter AE. I have had bacteria supplements like Mosura BT-9, Ebiken Han, and BorneoWild Enlive, but none of these produced a noticeable biofilm. Well after a good solid month of testing Bacter AE, I have found that the product does live up to its claim and provides a nice biofilm not only on the tank glass but on moss, plants, and Indian Almond Leaves.

This is a daily supplement so I would definitely invest in the bigger size. Plus, it's hard to remember to dose your tank every night. Also, keep in mind that this supplement is not only nourishing your shrimp but if you have any pests like I did with seed shrimp, it feeds them too :) Your tank may appear very cloudy when dosing at first, but 5-10 minutes later it's as clear as it was before.

BetaGlucans

Posted Image

This is a prevention food/supplement that keeps shrimp healthy and keeps diseases and bacterial infections at bay. It is one of those supplements that you can't tell it's working unless you had a outbreak or a massive die off. This is another one of those "peace of mind" products so if you have expensive shrimp (Taiwan Bees, Crystals, Blue Diamond Neos, Royal Blue Tigers, OEBTs, BTOEs, Carbon Rili Neos, Bloody Mary Shrimp or anything over $5 per shrimp) then this is a great supplement to buy to protect your investment :)

Like Bacter AE, this is a powder that you dose into your tank. However, BetaGlucans is only recommended to be dosed twice per week at a half a scoop per dose. So this bottle will go a long way unless you have hardcore MTS. There is two other similar products out there that I know of...one is Mosura Tonic Pro and the other is BioMax Taiwan - Beta G

Shrimp Dinner

Posted Image

This is the staple food of the GlasGarten brand. They recommend to feed it everyday, but if you're like me then it's in a rotation of different foods. The shrimp dinner food comes in two options: Pads and Granules. I chose to get the granules because I end up breaking up my food to a smaller size and putting pieces on both ends of the tank. So I thought that these granules would be somewhere near that size that I usually break off but I was totally wrong. These are small patties and there is a bunch of them! They are a little bigger than everyone's first shrimp, Hikari Shrimp Cuisine. GG says that you can give one granule to each shrimp, but realistically I think it's more like one wafer for three shrimp.

The shrimp like the food, but it's not a love or a shrimp fight for it. I would be weary of just throwing the pellets in randomly. The granules break apart very easily so you can get food stuck in places you don't want. I don't know if I like the fact it becomes soft and breaks apart easily. I don't like how pieces fly everywhere in the tank, but then again it's good for the little ones to eat the scraps.

Bottom Line: TRY IT

Shrimp Baby

Posted Image

I was a little hesitant to buy another baby food because I have so many and a little goes a long way with baby shrimp food. I decided to try it since it is the only red-colored baby shrimp food that I've seen. It has

Astaxanthin in it to bring out the colors at an early age and is full of protein for quick growth.

So after several feedings, I really love this stuff. I'll put it up there with Ebiken EI. The shrimp come to the surface to pick at the powder. It has a strong odor to it and you can just tell the shrimp love it. It spreads out nicely, too.

Bottom Line: BUY IT

Astaxanthin is a great product that I actually use a lot. I make my own food for my Discus and this helps bring out red in discus. They tend to get brighter with different foods that they are eating. It makes me hesitant about giving it to shrimp though. In discus you can actually overdose the fish and cause Damage to intestines, swim bladder and can be devastating to the fish. I'm sure they know this but wonder how much they put in.

-Chris

Can't tell yet.  I did it to a selection of my yellows last year as an experiment.  They just NOW are beginning to turn lighter from their brown...

Regardless what it did to them, their genetics wouldn't be changed and should still have regular offspring.  But boy are the originals ugly now.

• 1 month later...

I love the bacter ae betaglucen and the baby food. The regular food seems just run of the mill. I trust this product and have been using for a year plus now