Twinstar Shrimp 50

DETAquarium

Here is a link where people discuss DIY twnstar.

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/twinstar-diy.31820/

It appears that I had the correct idea that it is just an expensive electrolysis unit. Also, what I don't understand is people claiming that it helps oxygenate the water.  What confuses me is that logically you cannot make something out of nothing.  This unit is breaking down water to create oxygen which would mean that it would actually remove oxygen from the water.  Again, I am not chemist so my understaning is quite limited.

I also could not readily find replacement disks so I guess it would also suck to have to buy a new unit every time you need a replacement.

Here is a link where people discuss DIY twnstar.

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/twinstar-diy.31820/

It appears that I had the correct idea that it is just an expensive electrolysis unit. Also, what I don't understand is people claiming that it helps oxygenate the water.  What confuses me is that logically you cannot make something out of nothing.  This unit is breaking down water to create oxygen which would mean that it would actually remove oxygen from the water.  Again, I am not chemist so my understaning is quite limited.

I also could not readily find replacement disks so I guess it would also suck to have to buy a new unit every time you need a replacement.

You can find the disks on ebay

I'll give you our short review of our Chihiros version, esentially the exact same device.  Actually like the Chihiros version better for a few reasons. 1st being the price. all Chihiros versions are only $60, 2nd looking at the one Daryl is using the cord from the main box is so short. doesnt really do you much good in a deeper tank. they probably assume since you bought the shrimp version you dont have a deep tank. 3rd the Chihiros shrimp version has more modes. 

Ok.  quick review... we've been running it for 5 months now in our PRL/Buce tank, we've noticed no real difference between this and regular water changes. 

I love Chihiros products. their LED ada knockoff lights are excellent.

opinion on twinstar device... save your and buy some nice shrimp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarium-Aquatic-Live-Plant-Fish-Shrimp-Chihiros-Doctor-Inhibit-Algae-Sterilizer-/181693759314?var=&hash=item2a4dcabf52:m:m0g7mOq_v0oXANGpqOTjcpw

I'll give you our short review of our Chihiros version, esentially the exact same device.  Actually like the Chihiros version better for a few reasons. 1st being the price. all Chihiros versions are only $60, 2nd looking at the one Daryl is using the cord from the main box is so short. doesnt really do you much good in a deeper tank. they probably assume since you bought the shrimp version you dont have a deep tank. 3rd the Chihiros shrimp version has more modes. 

Ok.  quick review... we've been running it for 5 months now in our PRL/Buce tank, we've noticed no real difference between this and regular water changes. 

I love Chihiros products. their LED ada knockoff lights are excellent.

opinion on twinstar device... save your and buy some nice shrimp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarium-Aquatic-Live-Plant-Fish-Shrimp-Chihiros-Doctor-Inhibit-Algae-Sterilizer-/181693759314?var=&hash=item2a4dcabf52:m:m0g7mOq_v0oXANGpqOTjcpw

What model is their ADA knock off and do you sell it?

I bought the Chihiros version and been using it in my fish only tank for the past few days. So far the only thing I have noticed is the fish almost dying due to lack of oxygen and Im guessing that was the cause. I added more air to the tank and my fish started improving within 10-15 minutes. Have enough air when using it.

• 2 weeks later...