Galaxy Tiger / Leopard Tiger X TB or Pinto

Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone had success crossing Galaxy Tigers and or Leopard Tiger with a Taiwan Bee or Pinto? Maybe one of you guys might have a project started on this already.  I'm intrigued to see the end results, would it turn out like the picture i've attached of a galaxy pinto?

post-485-0-42146900-1448476683.jpg

Funny you posted this, a few days ago I was looking around for Galaxy and/or Leopard Tigers to cross with a handful of TBs, but could not find a seller. 

Hey guys, we have tried crossing Galaxy with TBs for a good couple month but for some reason they don't seem to cross. Leopard tigers on the other hand did cross but none of the shrimplets survive and our remaining stock did not do too well after that. Tough shrimps to keep since they're wild species.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone was success crossing Galaxy Tigers and or Leopard Tiger with a Taiwan Bee or Pinto? Maybe one of you guys might have a project started on this already.  I'm intrigued to see the end results, would it turn out like the picture i've attached of a galaxy pinto?

Wow that is spectacular .

• 5 weeks later...

I think breeders and keepers vol 3 has it, I don't have it yet so I don't know lol. But if they aren't selling them right now, I doubt it will have it, and maybe where this shrimp originated either in Europe it Asia, the secret is probably still in there.

Though it may take sometime, I do have Galaxy Tigers on the way. Should be here Thursday.

we've had about 30 Galaxy Tigers mixed in with out mixed TB tank and havent noticed anything unusual pop up yet.

I think the name is deceiving. everybody sees Galaxy name and thinks thats what was used to cross and get galaxy pintos. From what I understand it wasnt.

Eric, are your galaxies breeding? I also have more arriving today. Can't wait!

From what I understand also "Galaxy" was just a name given for a certain pattern by a breeder. Monika Pohler has had a little write up on them a while ago.

Was it?  I thought galaxy was a wild shrimp with that pattern?

Galaxy Tigers are a wild shrimp... Galaxy pintos (photo in the first post) are from selective breeding and crossings

Eric, are your galaxies breeding? I also have more arriving today. Can't wait!

From what I understand also "Galaxy" was just a name given for a certain pattern by a breeder. Monika Pohler has had a little write up on them a while ago.

Nope I have not seen any berried Galaxy tigers. nor anything interesting in the tank they share with taiwan bees.

Galaxy Tigers are a wild shrimp... Galaxy pintos (photo in the first post) are from selective breeding and crossings

yup the double galaxy name i think confuses a lot of people.

Nope I have not seen any berried Galaxy tigers. nor anything interesting in the tank they share with taiwan bees.

How long have you had them in your TB tank? Has anyone you know of bred them successfully?

How long have you had them in your TB tank? Has anyone you know of bred them successfully?

we've had them for about 3-4 months now.  I would imagine in a galaxy tiger tank only at the proper parameters they would be just as successful as any other shrimp. 

I'm not sure if TB parameters are the proper parameters for them, but they seem to be doing fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on this topic? I picked up two female leopard shrimp today, and they have blue base colour too. Will be frantically trying to cross them with BB, KK and pinto to see if anything cool happens.

That Galaxy pinto is so spectacular!!