Aura Pinto

I'm super excited to share with you guys some info about my latest project. I have managed to cross some of my nicest female aura bee with my German red pintos (from Germany) a few months back. I now have two batches of babies from two different females.

The female aura carries the fishbone pattern. However, I don't see it in any of the offspring yet. I do see zebra and spotheads which are showing up in f1. It also appears that one set of babies shows blue as dominent and the other set of babies shows red. I can't wait to see where this project goes. So far there have been 3 batches of babies born since 8/21/15 :)

post-89-0-91428100-1449346275_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-85868900-1449346367_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-59564300-1449346400_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-03036100-1449346440_thumb.jpg

Just a bit of info I learned when crossing my TT x Red Tigers which produced my Bengal Tigers. 

In the 1st generation the offspring didn't look like anything at all, but what I did observe was that the fishbone pattern which we are seeing in the Pintos also shows up in other crosses.  All of my 1st generation had this fishbone (5 stripes) pattern.  I am now certain its a wild pattern that shows up when any of these shrimps are crossed.  In the 2nd generation you get more of what the parents look like and the 3rd can be any number of combinations of the parents.

Im assuming you used an aura blue to start off with???

Will be following closely your progress.

I'm super excited to share with you guys some info about my latest project. I have managed to cross some of my nicest female aura tibee with my German red pintos (from Germany) a few months back. I now have two batches of babies from two different females.

The female aura carries the fishbone pattern. However, I don't see it in any of the offspring yet. I do see zebra and spotheads which are showing up in f1. It also appears that one set of babies shows blue as dominent and the other set of babies shows red. I can't wait to see where this project goes. :)

So will you have some for sale in 4 or 5 months :thumbsu:

Just a bit of info I learned when crossing my TT x Red Tigers which produced my Bengal Tigers. 

In the 1st generation the offspring didn't look like anything at all, but what I did observe was that the fishbone pattern which we are seeing in the Pintos also shows up in other crosses.  All of my 1st generation had this fishbone (5 stripes) pattern.  I am now certain its a wild pattern that shows up when any of these shrimps are crossed.  In the 2nd generation you get more of what the parents look like and the 3rd can be any number of combinations of the parents.

Im assuming you used an aura blue to start off with???

Will be following closely your progress.

I used an aura blue x snow white tibee from 6 or 7th generation and a high grade german red pinto.

I noticed that only my females have the fishbone pattern.

I really like the little red guy with the 5 point star pattern "Rockstar". This little guy is one month old. Not a bad size for one month. I have been feeding this tank Double Speed sparingly since Oct. along with other foods. These shrimp are definitely growing faster than my other pintos.

post-89-0-24857400-1450534993_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-07763800-1450535125_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-93979900-1450535175_thumb.jpg

That is awesome Andy! I am really envious of all of your TaiTibee projects. I can't believe you already see Zebra and Spothead patterns as early as F1. Keep the projects and pictures coming my friend.

• 1 month later...

These aurabees grow super slow. Not much change since last December. They're maybe a couple centimeters bigger. Almost ready to breed.

post-89-0-12433700-1456027799_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-51839200-1456027857_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-38035600-1456028021_thumb.jpg

Looking good....now for the next generation???   What you going to use to breed them back to, or are you just going to let them breed amongst themselves to see what happens.

I'm planning on breeding these guys back with their mother. I really want to see the blue color pop with these guys.This is a pic of the mother I used.

post-89-0-71789600-1456235900_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a few pics I managed to take of them today. I might have to bust out the candles and wine and throw on some Barry White for these guys!

DSC_7202.JPG

DSC_8816a.JPG

DSC_9519.JPG

DSC_9509.JPG

DSC_9506.JPG

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2016 at 7:54 AM, Vpier said:

Is the stripe on the back common for this cross?

This is the female aurabee which was crossed with the pinto. The "racing stripe" is often seen in female shrimp. Both neo and caridina.

Isn't the racing stripe a wild trait? I thought it was undesired for most breeding projects (so less chance of offspring having the stripe), except Neon Yellow/Golden Back Neos.

Do you think it's possible for the racing stripe to be worked/selective bred into forming pinto patterns, or would it just remain a solid stripe from head to tail?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2016 at 7:27 AM, ShrimpP said:

Isn't the racing stripe a wild trait? I thought it was undesired for most breeding projects (so less chance of offspring having the stripe), except Neon Yellow/Golden Back Neos.

Do you think it's possible for the racing stripe to be worked/selective bred into forming pinto patterns, or would it just remain a solid stripe from head to tail?

It is a wild trait. I was always under the impression that it was associated with mostly female shrimp. However. I could be wrong. Right now I'm waiting to see what the f2 generation will look like. If the stripe remains from head to tail mixed with zebra stripes I will be happy. I also have aura with just the skunk stripe on the head which you see is common in most fishbone patterns.