USPS Express Mail Shippers!

OMG Aquatics

Be sure to FORCE the clerk/driver to scan your express mail package before cut off time and get receipt.

This is just dirty play from USPS.

There is NO policy requiring employees to scan every package including Express Mail for outgoing mail.

Even USPS website says DROP OFF by xxx. Nowhere does it say a SCAN before xxx. 

So when they don't scan it, Express mail packages will 99% of the time be scanned AFTER cut off time voiding your money back guarantee.

This is just disgusting...

I waited 2 hours in line yesterday because my post office was understaffed and the clerks refuse to scan packages(no clue why).

My First Class Packages got processed HOURS before Express Mail?? So what I pay so much for Express Mail for???

Lucky you!

Not just that, the clerk had the nerves to TOSS my package over to the bin that's less than 1 meter away right in front of me???

I hear you, I had a postal clerk toss a few of my CLEARLY marked FRAGILE boxes like balls into the bin. I was shocked. So now I don't mark anything and I just pack my stuff as if it will be thrown or mishandled. I'm sure not every worker is so careful. 

Be sure to FORCE the clerk/driver to scan your express mail package before cut off time and get receipt.

This is just dirty play from USPS.

There is NO policy requiring employees to scan every package including Express Mail for outgoing mail.

Even USPS website says DROP OFF by xxx. Nowhere does it say a SCAN before xxx. 

So when they don't scan it, Express mail packages will 99% of the time be scanned AFTER cut off time voiding your money back guarantee.

This is just disgusting...

I waited 2 hours in line yesterday because my post office was understaffed and the clerks refuse to scan packages(no clue why).

My First Class Packages got processed HOURS before Express Mail?? So what I pay so much for Express Mail for???

I would file a complaint and though they usually fall on deaf ears I would still go on their site and do it .

I wonder if anyone has ever actually gotten back any money as far as packages being delivered after the time span they pay for .

I would file a complaint and though they usually fall on deaf ears I would still go on their site and do it .

I wonder if anyone has ever actually gotten back any money as far as packages being delivered after the time span they pay for .

That's the problem.

Most shippers are scared to file a complaint because the PO will most likely screw u over for that such as ignoring your request, delaying your shipments, etc.

Wow! I'm so sorry that people are going through that. Even in the "city" here the clerks hold a conversation about your package, are careful, scan it, give you a receipt, and wish you a great day. In my little town my postmistress will call me on my cell phone if she thinks a box might be shrimp. She'll unlock the door if she sees me because she knows I can't make it during business hours, and sometimes we open packages there so she can see. I guess the small town pony express has its advantages despite no delivery to the house.

Wow! I'm so sorry that people are going through that. Even in the "city" here the clerks hold a conversation about your package, are careful, scan it, give you a receipt, and wish you a great day. In my little town my postmistress will call me on my cell phone if she thinks a box might be shrimp. She'll unlock the door if she sees me because she knows I can't make it during business hours, and sometimes we open packages there so she can see. I guess the small town pony express has its advantages despite no delivery to the house.

Why don't they deliver to the house due to tough weather ?

That's the problem.

Most shippers are scared to file a complaint because the PO will most likely screw u over for that such as ignoring your request, delaying your shipments, etc.

Than I would file an anonymous complaint or suggestion using regular paper mail but I wouldn't let it go . At least this way you tried .

Some time ago I got some white crays and the seller sent them fed-ex for about $12.00 which is more or less USPS but HUGE difference in shipping .

I'm surprised more sellers don't use fed-ex .

Than I would file an anonymous complaint or suggestion using regular paper mail but I wouldn't let it go . At least this way you tried .

Some time ago I got some white crays and the seller sent them fed-ex for about $12.00 which is more or less USPS but HUGE difference in shipping .

I'm surprised more sellers don't use fed-ex .

I could be wrong but FedEx actually doesn't allow shipping live animals. Only USPS and UPS does.

But if I was to ship a package from NY to Miami, it would cost $30 via Fedex 2 day and $5.75 via Priority mail 2 day.

Fedex and UPS are only options if you are in same state or neighboring state else you paying crazy postage.

I had a mishap where I had a shipment sent to my billing address in Los Angeles when I am in Santa Cruz. I had to have it USPS overnight, or next day guaranteed, whatever they call it, it's supposed to be guaranteed. I was a little worried about the shrimp to begin with being in transit and extra day, but after the package didn't come until 8 pm the day after it was supposed to arrive at 3pm I was a little upset. Fortunately all the shrimp survived. When my brother went to the post office to get his money back for $25 shipping they insisted they didn't have to refund him because the requirements of the guarantee weren't met, meaning it wasn't scanned... He's a pretty smart Berkeley grad and in the legal department at Paramount Studios, so he argued that the terms apply to the buyer and when the package is transferred to the carrier it is assumed that the details of the agreement will be upheld. He ended up with a full refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't they deliver to the house due to tough weather ?

We just don't have home delivery out here. We receive a free PO Box and everyone has to go to the post office. House delivery ends a mile and a half from me. Also, the post offices are only open 4 hurs per day. Ours is 12 - 5, 6 miles down the road I think is 8 - 12. All shipments take an extra day to get here too. But after reading the struggles others have, I think ours is great and I've stopped complaining!

I could be wrong but FedEx actually doesn't allow shipping live animals. Only USPS and UPS does.

But if I was to ship a package from NY to Miami, it would cost $30 via Fedex 2 day and $5.75 via Priority mail 2 day.

Fedex and UPS are only options if you are in same state or neighboring state else you paying crazy postage.

Actually I think you are correct as this was not marked live fish .  It was from a fish farm further north in the state and what a pleasure it was to deal with Fed-ex with accurate tracking and think it took one day .  It cost the shipper about 12 dollars , more or less .

I had a mishap where I had a shipment sent to my billing address in Los Angeles when I am in Santa Cruz. I had to have it USPS overnight, or next day guaranteed, whatever they call it, it's supposed to be guaranteed. I was a little worried about the shrimp to begin with being in transit and extra day, but after the package didn't come until 8 pm the day after it was supposed to arrive at 3pm I was a little upset. Fortunately all the shrimp survived. When my brother went to the post office to get his money back for $25 shipping they insisted they didn't have to refund him because the requirements of the guarantee weren't met, meaning it wasn't scanned... He's a pretty smart Berkeley grad and in the legal department at Paramount Studios, so he argued that the terms apply to the buyer and when the package is transferred to the carrier it is assumed that the details of the agreement will be upheld. He ended up with a full refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

''they insisted they didn't have to refund him because the requirements of the guarantee weren't met, meaning it wasn't scanned''

That seems to be what they do . I'm glad your brother prevailed .

I'm like the Jack Lemmon character in the movie 'The Out of Towners' when it comes to dealing with Miami's postal sorting house .

Not sure if anyone here knows the movie , lol .

I had no idea that the buyer was able to get shipping cost back because I had 2 shrimp shipments arrive 4 days late but all the shrimp were fine .  Temps here are ideal during the winter .

I mentioned to the sellers that they should get their shipping back and I would fill out any forms they wanted . I didn't want a penny I wanted to stick it to Miami postal sorting department but I suspect the sellers didn't bother and laughed at me , lol.

We just don't have home delivery out here. We receive a free PO Box and everyone has to go to the post office. House delivery ends a mile and a half from me. Also, the post offices are only open 4 hurs per day. Ours is 12 - 5, 6 miles down the road I think is 8 - 12. All shipments take an extra day to get here too. But after reading the struggles others have, I think ours is great and I've stopped complaining!

oh I see .  I thought maybe this was only in winter because I know your winters/snow are rough .

I imagine it can be tricky as far as shrimp shipments .

I wonder if you have postal substations, or approved providers. I have one inside a grocery store, there never seems to be much of a line to wait in. Plus I can pick up some fresh fruit & veg (and maybe something fun for the shrimps to eat) when I'm done.

That is a great idea and if Poopians is able to locate one in her area I find they are on the ball .  The one's here are small and efficient  but they cant not do money orders which doesn't pertain to Poopians any way .

That is a great idea and if Poopians is able to locate one in her area I find they are on the ball .  The one's here are small and efficient  but they cant not do money orders which doesn't pertain to Poopians any way .

None of that near me.

Apparently when purchasing express mail labels online, to get money back guarantee, you have to go to the parenting post office and not the small ones since supervisors are all at the parenting po.

Not interested in waiting 2 hours on line...

I did manage to find another PO for my shipping needs but in terms of money back guarantee, it's gonna be painful. :(

My local post office is pretty good but it is always hard or impossible to get a refund for a package you printed online.  Paypal and 1800-USPS says it needs to be done at the local PO and the local PO says it needs to be done with Paypal.  It is SO damned annoying.

None of that near me.

Apparently when purchasing express mail labels online, to get money back guarantee, you have to go to the parenting post office and not the small ones since supervisors are all at the parenting po.

Not interested in waiting 2 hours on line...

I did manage to find another PO for my shipping needs but in terms of money back guarantee, it's gonna be painful. :(

''I did manage to find another PO for my shipping needs''

Well , at least you found a better PO .

My local post office is pretty good but it is always hard or impossible to get a refund for a package you printed online.  Paypal and 1800-USPS says it needs to be done at the local PO and the local PO says it needs to be done with Paypal.  It is SO damned annoying.

Yep.

You can't even dispute shipping labels on paypal.

They just made me go in circles and wasted my time with no money back.

• 2 months later...

i hate blogs.

the first sentence says it's old. :P

Florida is too close to the Bermuda triangle,you never know what's going to happen to the package coming in or leaving that state.

(i am not kidding,well maybe the first part)

sometimes a package gets sent to another state and they take their time sending to the right state,but it's not the norm.