DiscoBee

SL-Aqua Nature Soil is officially IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!

DiscoBee is currently offering two grain sizes: medium and powder.
We are also offering a new SL-Aqua Power Cycle Combo Kit that includes Nature Soil, Magic Powder and Purify; everything one needs to get that new tank going. Check out the new combo area on our website for the Power Cycle Kit.

http://www.discobee.com/

OK I watched the video, now I'm ready to fight.  I love the SL-Aqua video production staff.

Seriously though, I'm interested to know of your or anyone else's results with this sub, please pass them along.

I'm thinking about switching over from ada aquasoil.

What's the pH at with this substrate?  Does the buffering capacity last just as longer or longer?  Are the grain structure less likely to breakdown?  The one thing I hate about aquasoil is that it crumbles so easily.

AFA is so close and convenient.  I need like 8 bags for the rack I'm setting up...

I'll pm you to see what the damage is....

Awesome! Congratulations, glad to see another substrate available, especially since Controsoil went MIA.

DiscoBee is currently offering two grain sizes: medium and powder.

We are also offering a new SL-Aqua Power Cycle Combo Kit that includes Nature Soil, Magic Powder and Purify; everything one needs to get that new tank going. Check out the new combo area on our website for the Power Cycle Kit.

http://www.discobee.com/

I saw it on your website last night. how does it compare to amazonia and controsoil?

I'll try to answer all the questions short and sweet that i've been getting bombarded with both on here and FB. everybody seems to ask similar questions.

1. vs aqua soil.  Aqua Soil is a very different type of soil, designed and composed of very different stuff. so hard to compare the 2.  ADA soils are primarily designed for heavily scaped planted tanks. SL-Aqua soil is the soil used in all the tanks for the 2015 Taiwan Shrimp Competition, its the largest and most competitive competition in the world.

2. how long does it last?  just like every other buffering soil, including ada, it really depends on how you treat it. you use RO water and quality mineralizer like SL-Aqua Blue Wizard and you'll get longer life from your soil.  use crappy tap water and force the soil to work hard and it will degrade quickly, both in its buffering capacity and its physical shape just like all soils.

3. what ph level does it buffer to? We've have a few established healthy tanks setup 1 year now and all still buffer to  ~5.8-6.0ph

4. does it leach ammonia? all soils do in some capacity, even controsoil did. I didnt test any of the tanks we have during cycling. Im not one to constantly be checking during cycling. I have faith in the SL-Aqua soil and their cycling system. I know a few others who i leaked the soil to over the past year said they tested for ammonia and it was very minimal during cycling. I attribute that to the SL-Aqua cycle method products being used.  But to me I dont think either way matters because we all know we arent adding shrimp for at least a month. We give the tank has time to establish a healthy colony of bacteria/biofilm/etc.   No buffering soils are designed for instant setup.  

$40 shipped per bag. not going to beat that... check out Aqua soil at some of the other online shops. looking close to $60 shipped per bag.

Hey Eric, its Jameson.

That's awesome. I had an idea of how great it was from everything I've seen/heard about on facebook but you cleared it all up.

I cant wait to my bags this weekend. I'll try to post up a review after I fill my tanks :D

Hey Jameson... Love having locals stop by the shrimp room to talk shrimp. we have a few people a week swing through! 

I'll try to answer all the questions short and sweet that i've been getting bombarded with both on here and FB. everybody seems to ask similar questions.

1. vs aqua soil.  Aqua Soil is a very different type of soil, designed and composed of very different stuff. so hard to compare the 2.  ADA soils are primarily designed for heavily scaped planted tanks. SL-Aqua soil is the soil used in all the tanks for the 2015 Taiwan Shrimp Competition, its the largest and most competitive competition in the world.

2. how long does it last?  just like every other buffering soil, including ada, it really depends on how you treat it. you use RO water and quality mineralizer like SL-Aqua Blue Wizard and you'll get longer life from your soil.  use crappy tap water and force the soil to work hard and it will degrade quickly, both in its buffering capacity and its physical shape just like all soils.

3. what ph level does it buffer to? We've have a few established healthy tanks setup 1 year now and all still buffer to  ~5.8-6.0ph

4. does it leach ammonia? all soils do in some capacity, even controsoil did. I didnt test any of the tanks we have during cycling. Im not one to constantly be checking during cycling. I have faith in the SL-Aqua soil and their cycling system. I know a few others who i leaked the soil to over the past year said they tested for ammonia and it was very minimal during cycling. I attribute that to the SL-Aqua cycle method products being used.  But to me I dont think either way matters because we all know we arent adding shrimp for at least a month. We give the tank has time to establish a healthy colony of bacteria/biofilm/etc.   No buffering soils are designed for instant setup.  

$40 shipped per bag. not going to beat that... check out Aqua soil at some of the other online shops. looking close to $60 shipped per bag.

My goal is to setup a 3-5 tanks this spring so Im going to try it plus I need another sticker, wish you would sell them.  Thanks!

another large pile of orders went out yesterday. nice to see people are super excited to get SL-Aqua soil!

Eric, Thanks for filling the hole that Controsoil made with their disappearing act. I am glad to hear it is selling well. I guess I better get an order in soon before you sell out... I don't have an immediate need but having a bag of the fine SL-Aqua soil laying around for when I do might not be a bad idea.

I just need to win my works Super Bowl pool, buy the 22g Mr. Aqua that Pete is running the special on and your combo deal... Here's for dreaming.

Eric, Thanks for filling the hole that Controsoil made with their disappearing act. I am glad to hear it is selling well. I guess I better get an order in soon before you sell out... I don't have an immediate need but having a bag of the fine SL-Aqua soil laying around for when I do might not be a bad idea.

I just need to win my works Super Bowl pool, buy the 22g Mr. Aqua that Pete is running the special on and your combo deal... Here's for dreaming.

Wait what special and what combo?  I am thinking of a few more tanks.  Moving a lot from my 40gal breeders with the Goldfish to some more fun smaller tanks for Shrimp.  They are just too much fun

Wait what special and what combo?  I am thinking of a few more tanks.  Moving a lot from my 40gal breeders with the Goldfish to some more fun smaller tanks for Shrimp.  They are just too much fun

Hey Scott.  The "SL-Aqua Power Cycle Kit" has been available since the launch of the soil.  We mentioned it in the initial post.

http://www.discobee.com/collections/combo-deals/products/sl-aqua-complete-power-cycle-kit

Hey Scott.  The "SL-Aqua Power Cycle Kit" has been available since the launch of the soil.  We mentioned it in the initial post.

http://www.discobee.com/collections/combo-deals/products/sl-aqua-complete-power-cycle-kit

Thanks, I missed that, I ordered the soil as soon as I saw it available.  I did not even click on the link I had the soil page bookmarked :)  Nice package