Rare Floater "Salvinia Cucullata" and red root floater Price Cut $7 for 1, $12 for 2

GreenPepper

Super rare Floater "Salvinia Cucullata "and red root floater for sale!

Beautiful, Healthy shrimps' favorite floater.  it forms "cup" shape when it gets mature. 

6 cm X 6 cm 

Price Cut $7 for 1, $12 for 2

USPS priority shipping for $6.8 to nation wide. 

12747477_1574110299579780_77027615703357

12697406_1574110296246447_24663816425887

image1.JPG

regarding to water movement and humidity.  I don't think it will affect the water movement inside ur tank.  cuz they are "floating" on the surface.  for the humidity, I guess u are talking about the evaporation.  as the floater grow, they are covering the whole/part of the surface of the water.  it will prevent water lost due to evaporation. 

for these floaters, one main thing u have to keep in mind.  Don't get the leaves wet. 

Don't get the leaves wet. 

Thanks. This is what I meant by humidity. I have a lid on my tank, and I think the moisture gets trapped and settles on my floating plants :(

As for my movement Q - with dwarf water lettuce, I was told that they should be in almost still water, so the ripples on the surface of my tank caused by my filters are also no good.

Thanks. This is what I meant by humidity. I have a lid on my tank, and I think the moisture gets trapped and settles on my floating plants :(

As for my movement Q - with dwarf water lettuce, I was told that they should be in almost still water, so the ripples on the surface of my tank caused by my filters are also no good.

I think gentle movement (ripple) on the surface is fine.  as long as the water don't splash to the leaves surface.  I'm also growing the red root floaters now (u are see the breeding box in the first picture)  I need to keep it with still water to prevent it got push around and get wet. 

I have a lid on my tank, and I think the moisture gets trapped and settles on my floating plants :(

Same for me........with lids on all of my tanks my forays into floating plants have all failed due to humidity > melting.

I plan on giving Han's stainless steel floater guards a try with some new floaters once things warm up.  I'm hoping my 40B has enough "headspace" between the lid and the water for air movement.

Same for me........with lids on all of my tanks my forays into floating plants have all failed due to humidity > melting.

I plan on giving Han's stainless steel floater guards a try with some new floaters once things warm up.  I'm hoping my 40B has enough "headspace" between the lid and the water for air movement.

That is so weird. I have lids on mine and my frogbit is out of control. I have to throw away a couple of hand fulls of every two weeks. The roots on the frogbit are 6-8 inches long. I dont use the plastic strip on the back of the lids so 2 inches of the tank is open.

I dont use the plastic strip on the back of the lids so 2 inches if the tank is open.

This is certainly the differentiator.  I use the plastic strips, and having a cool basement, the warmer closed environments create a pocket of humidity, enough to condensate on glass and any floating plants.

The extra weight of the water results in sinking, and the water itself causes the floaters to melt.  

Any air movement would resolve this issue, but I really like the lids as they maintain a very closed system with minimal evaporation.  

Quite the sad tale......

This is certainly the differentiator.  I use the plastic strips, and having a cool basement, the warmer closed environments create a pocket of humidity, enough to condensate on glass and any floating plants.

The extra weight of the water results in sinking, and the water itself causes the floaters to melt.  

Any air movement would resolve this issue, but I really like the lids as they maintain a very closed system with minimal evaporation.  

Quite the sad tale......

I see. Even though Im in MN and todays wind chill is -21, I need the two inches for my fans to chill the water down to the 70-72 degree range.

Super rare Floater "Salvinia Cucullata " for sale!

Beautiful, Healthy shrimps' favorite floater.  it forms "cup" shape when it gets mature. 

6 cm X 6 cm for $10

USPS priority shipping for $6.5 to nation wide. 

12747477_1574110299579780_77027615703357

12697406_1574110296246447_24663816425887

I wish it wasn't so cold in MN. I would love to buy some. :(

This looks like Salvinia minima. What is the difference?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I don't know much about the plant u mentioned.  However, I googled it, the one u mentioned has relatively rough surface on the leaves and my 

Salvinia Cucullata leaves will show more "cup shape".  they look somehow similar, maybe that's y they are both "Salvinia".  Have I answered ur question?  thanks.