Duff's Unofficial Crestie Tank Journal

Duff0712

That is one sweet gecko setup :thumbsu: I think AC has some of the best crested geckos in the U.S. Big fan of his for over 10 years.

Is Duff going to be the best gecko photographer????

Yeah his geckos are amazing! As long as I am right I won one from the auction too!!!! I will know for sure tomorrow though.

Idk about the best gecko photographer but I will take tons of pictures once they have time to settle :D

-Duffy

Yeah his geckos are amazing! As long as I am right I won one from the auction too!!!! I will know for sure tomorrow though.

Idk about the best gecko photographer but I will take tons of pictures once they have time to settle :D

-Duffy

Fingers are crossed. If you think they are expensive now, you should have seen the prices when they 1st hit the market for plain jane wild caught.

I don't even want to know haha.

So I won!!! This big boy will be my first crested gecko!!!

9662ac12798f23a8f2524345c83c7d1a.jpg

So cute!

-Duffy

Very nice .

Did you just get him or the seller sent you his pic before shipment  ?

Where did you buy him from  ?

Very nice .

Did you just get him or the seller sent you his pic before shipment ?

Where did you buy him from ?

That is the sellers picture. I am going to aim for a delivery for next Thursday hopefully.

I got him from acreptiles fb auction. I am so exited :D

-Duffy

That is the sellers picture. I am going to aim for a delivery for next Thursday hopefully.

I got him from acreptiles fb auction. I am so exited :D

-Duffy

I don't blame you for being excited . He is good looking.

I know acreptiles because they were first place to carry CB mourning geckos .

They were big years ago .

Their ball pythons are stunning .

I don't blame you for being excited . He is good looking.

I know acreptiles because they were first place to carry CB mourning geckos .

They were big years ago .

Their ball pythons are stunning .

I love mourning geckos, no males and you dont need them. I love the chirping they make and they are everywhere in the south pacific including the inside of your home,resort rooms. A Cook Islander once told me that geckos know all the secrets in your home so be carefull because when they are chirping they are telling your secrets.

I love mourning geckos, no males and you dont need them. I love the chirping they make and they are everywhere in the south pacific including the inside of your home,resort rooms. A Cook Islander once told me that geckos know all the secrets in your home so be carefull because when they are chirping they are telling your secrets.

I have never actually seen a mourning gecko other than pics .

They look like smaller house geckos  ?

I have common house geckos in the yard they also chirp when I put mealworms outside window sill but aggressive with each other . In theory there are areas with mourning geckos here but I cant fathom mourning geckos vs house geckos which can even kill each other .

I love south Pacific herps because they are herps usually not found in the market and they have a few types of tiny tree type skinks which are tiny colony type skinks .

You may have seen some .

They were once available but after 80s no more .

I have never actually seen a mourning gecko other than pics .

They look like smaller house geckos  ?

I have common house geckos in the yard they also chirp when I put mealworms outside window sill but aggressive with each other . In theory there are areas with mourning geckos here but I cant fathom mourning geckos vs house geckos which can even kill each other .

I love south Pacific herps because they are herps usually not found in the market and they have a few types of tiny tree type skinks which are tiny colony type skinks .

You may have seen some .

They were once available but after 80s no more .

They look very similar. Do you see Day Geckos running wild in FL ?

They look very similar. Do you see Day Geckos running wild in FL ?

Yes I have seen them mostly in Key west where in one area they are out and you see them a lot but this is from my yard like 2 years ago but it disappeared after couple months.

I am about an 45 minutes from Key West .

I am putting mealworms on gazebo screen to lure it but best pic I was able to get as it came out of canopy .   What I think were 3 were in area for month to 2 months than disappeared .

I even had one Tokay which was eaten by a corn snake . Adult corns eat knight Anoles and Baby Iguanas and in mid summer when baby Knights and baby Iguanas show up so do the adult corns .

The most beautiful non Native we had IMO was the giant  Jamaican Anole which had the most amazing green you could fathom but the big cold spell few years ago took them all out .

The rest took a toll but came back .  I loved the Jamaican anoles never saw such incredible green in my life .

Day Gecko in yard --

post-74-0-42175100-1456718421_thumb.jpg

Jamaican anole -

post-74-0-21209300-1456719699.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm glad I went for it too haha. I'll get some more pics up once I get my remaining plants and the geckos come in :)

-Duffy

Is this your first reptile ?

If so you will find yourself getting more  lol  . Not just another female crestie but other Geckos .

Yes I have seen them mostly in Key west where in one area they are out and you see them a lot but this is from my yard like 2 years ago but it disappeared after couple months.

I am about an 45 minutes from Key West .

I am putting mealworms on gazebo screen to lure it but best pic I was able to get as it came out of canopy .   What I think were 3 were in area for month to 2 months than disappeared .

I even had one Tokay which was eaten by a corn snake . Adult corns eat knight Anoles and Baby Iguanas and in mid summer when baby Knights and baby Iguanas show up so do the adult corns .

The most beautiful non Native we had IMO was the giant  Jamaican Anole which had the most amazing green you could fathom but the big cold spell few years ago took them all out .

The rest took a toll but came back .  I loved the Jamaican anoles never saw such incredible green in my life .

Day Gecko in yard --

attachicon.gifday gecko in yard.jpg

Jamaican anole -

attachicon.gifjamaican anole.jpg

I love day geckos. I had some real nice peacock day geckos I used to bred.  Your lucky, most people have pay for the reptiles and amphibians you have running wild.

Is this your first reptile ?

If so you will find yourself getting more lol . Not just another female crestie but other Geckos .

Technically no, but it's the first reptile I'll have not under parent supervision. I ha a few anoles when I was younger. I don't doubt I'll get the itch for more but I'll suppress it for as long as I can haha

-Duffy

Technically no, but it's the first reptile I'll have not under parent supervision. I ha a few anoles when I was younger. I don't doubt I'll get the itch for more but I'll suppress it for as long as I can haha

-Duffy

Yes you'll get more geckos and perhaps other types of reptiles , lol.

I have never met anyone who started with one gecko, couple of dart frogs or a pair of finches and stopped .

Since you recently moved out you start slow than your goal is a house with a reptile/fish room and that cant be beat .

I love day geckos. I had some real nice peacock day geckos I used to bred.  Your lucky, most people have pay for the reptiles and amphibians you have running wild.

Before 9-11 I used to go to an Air Force base and fish the canals .  Sure it had sings which read 'No Trespassing ' but the huge hole in the fence told me 'Come on in' .

It was a huge area far away from the landing strip , etc which was just palm tree's , grass and canals .  The tegu's were the most beautiful crisp black/white going and not shy about being seen .

Though they also had some type monitor I never saw any .

After 9-11 the security changed and that was the end of that .