Duff's Unofficial Crestie Tank Journal

Duff0712

M6 looks like a male.  Is the other male as well?

M6 is definitely male. I knew that before bidding on him though. Not sure on the hatchling yet. It is 3-4 grams right now I believe and I don't think you can really know until like ~11 grams. I'm REALLY hoping that it's a female though, since I won't be able to house two males together at all. Anthony also put a note on the hatchlings container saying it should turn more yellow as it grows! Excited to see if it changes color at all or gets more vibrant!

Holy cow! I was watching the thread thinking... cool, but not my thing. My affirmation now is going to be "nope, not my thing" to convince myself, but really how cool!

MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Still no names yet. None have really stuck out yet.

My big guy found my "failed" planter idea near the top of the tank. It's only half filled with dirt so he hides up there and sleeps. I'll post some pictures of it once I'm home. They are so cute!

Not much of an update but here's another crappy phone pic haha.

82bc3e7689601ca0380c04deb6dd4390.jpg

He is starting to venture around the terrarium more which is nice. For the past couple days he has ended up just hanging from right there.

Tried to feed the hatchling and the big guy some dusted crickets but they didn't seem to care. The cricket pretty much crawled on him haha.

-Duffy

Not much of an update but here's another crappy phone pic haha.

82bc3e7689601ca0380c04deb6dd4390.jpg

He is starting to venture around the terrarium more which is nice. For the past couple days he has ended up just hanging from right there.

Tried to feed the hatchling and the big guy some dusted crickets but they didn't seem to care. The cricket pretty much crawled on him haha.

-Duffy

You have to stop posting pics, its making me want to get back into geckos. :D

Duff, have you seen the sarasinorum gecko?

I haven't before now. They look pretty cool! I like the videos of the guy feeding one with his finger. That's my goal after I get them to let me hold them comfortably.

That enclosure came out beautiful .

They certainly do look like gargoyles .

With these gekos an a pair be housed together ?

Sorry didn't see your question Louie. Most people online say you shouldn't house them together or if you do house male/female or male/female/female. Never two adult males together and if you keep a male and female together you have to watch out so the male doesn't stress them too much. Baby making fiends. My ultimate plan is to try two females with this guy, but I will need to find geckos at a similar weight so they can hold their ground a little.

I haven't before now. They look pretty cool! I like the videos of the guy feeding one with his finger. That's my goal after I get them to let me hold them comfortably.

Sorry didn't see your question Louie. Most people online say you shouldn't house them together or if you do house male/female or male/female/female. Never two adult males together and if you keep a male and female together you have to watch out so the male doesn't stress them too much. Baby making fiends. My ultimate plan is to try two females with this guy, but I will need to find geckos at a similar weight so they can hold their ground a little.

One tank two tanks three tanks more.......... can you say a rack of geckos is in the future?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. Been a little while, but thought I would update. Finally had some time to take some photos today. Which means my big guy (now named Koopa) was actually out and about and I had my camera nearby. Both are doing well. Mostly hide, but I can't blame them for that.

http://imgur.com/a/UvJ2l