Snow white shrimp

Hi Shrimpo,

How long have you been keeping them? How young are they? I wish i have time to go to your house to see them.

Are their babies going to be all whites?

If their parent are both SW with red gene then

25% SW

50% SW/red gene

25% CRS

If i can remember those correctly. Correct me if i am wrong.

Hi Shrimpo,

How long have you been keeping them? How young are they? I wish i have time to go to your house to see them.

Are their babies going to be all whites?

If their parent are both SW with red gene then

25% SW

50% SW/red gene

25% CRS

If i can remember those correctly. Correct me if i am wrong.

Pretty close from what I Remeber.

-Chris

Yeah, I think very few things in nature actually break down on the traditional, basic, Punnet dominant/recessive thing. There's SO much else going on genetically, and so many other things turning genes "on and off". But I haven't bred these guys myself, so don't know what one would expect.

Ill have to watch your posts, always been interested in these but just have never gotten any. Will be cool to see what you can do with them.

You would be correct if shrimp followed punnet squares.  Unfortunately (from my experience) it isn't so neatly wrapped up. :unsure:

You are 100% correct! but we have to base on something!

Hey Shrimpo !

Thank you for starting this thread! I think we will learn a whole lot from others here.

I actually have learned couple things from a gentleman who are keeping the purest snow white.

Very interesting. Please continue, shrimp look fantastic by the way.

If snow white had been selective breeding for the purest white would developing a blue tint on cheeks and legs. The blue is more vidvid on legs than cheeks.

Til next time....LOL

Don't want to hijack this from Shrimpo. He won't be able to anticipate until the evening.

Continue Hungle64, no problem at all, I want to learn too.

I had these for a week now, they are about 1/4'' or so, according to the breeder I got them from he said that he been selectively keeping and breeding the whitest from his colony.

Continue Hungle64, no problem at all, I want to learn too.

I had these for a week now, they are about 1/4'' or so, according to the breeder I got them from he said that he been selectively keeping and breeding the whitest from his colony.

As he pointed out to me that when you pick snow white at young age don't go for the whitest ones. The white developing too early consider as lower quality. The higher quality would be those shrimps that have an off white spreading out evenly. Those will be developing into higher form of white with a little blue tint.

Do you see any blue tint on their cheeks and legs? If breeder had been selective breeding for color then your shrimp offsprings will be white. Occationally they will throw a golden at you.

Earlier of Taiwan bee's, there was no blue bolt. During those cross-breeding time they use snow white then came the blue bolt.

Keep in mind these things i learned from my mentor, if any you think not correct please jump in. NOT THAT I HAVE DOUBT IN HIM ! LOL

There is no visible blue tint, at least on the 5 shrimp that came closer to the front, I don't know about the rest.

That is something he told me to look for in Snow white.

In the future also check to see the eggs color.

If it is light blue then it had been crossed with white bee.

If it is not then they are mutation of CBS/CRS.

I have a few Goldens that developed the blue tint around the face once they were adults. The blue didn't show when they were young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2