Soothing's Gargoyle Adventure

Soothing Shrimp

44 minutes ago, Soothing Shrimp said:

Thanks.  You know I'll prob get cresties too. Lol

Do you breed yours?

So glad to see other shrimpers keeping rhacs! I've been keeping cresties for a few years now. https://www.facebook.com/minidinoscom/ Had a hiatus for a while, but definitely going to be kicking this year into high gear.

As for food, I can't recommend Pangea enough. http://www.pangeareptile.com/store/pange-fruit-mix-complete-crested-gecko-diet.html I won't go into that whole conspiracy with Repashy foods, but my food acceptance rates have been astronomically better with Pangea. Cresties are funny- they have flavor preferences and some are straight-up divas!

If you wanted to cultivate your own live foods, dubia roaches are by far the best. Don't smell, can't climb or fly, high in protein, eat anything (i.e. fish food, leftover fruits/veggies, leftover gecko food) and you will never have to purchase feeder insects again since they reproduce readily. 

Nope I don't breed mine, just a pet but the gargoyles are so cool I thought about getting a gargoyle... I got my cresties as tiny babies and played with them alot so they are used to being handled. they are quite big now, got two females! THEN Last year I got a female from a reptile expo and i ended up selling her to a guy who breeds them.. becuase she was so afraid of me, and jumped like crazy. She escaped quite a few times and spent alot of time trying to catch her and find her. lol! So its best to buy them small or ones that the breeder handles them alot.

I think you will not stop at LEELA! more geckos are likely in your future. MUAHAHAH (evil laugh! ) ;)

• 2 weeks later...