Easy 10 mins DIY HMF filtration

GreenPepper

Also, how is the jetlifter constructed?

one inch PVC pipe with elbow.  I have tried 3/4", flow was too strong.  1" is a lot better for the size of my tank.  

then I drill a hole on the side of elbow to feed the air tubing.  

Awesome louis. Where did you get the foam?

Thanks man,

I ordered from "Angels Plus"  they might not be the cheapest out there.  However, I'm just too lazy to search around since their price is fairly reasonable and I can freely customize the size of the foam.   

looks good. what kind of media did you use?

Thanks,

Those are the cheap ceramic rings I bought long time ago from China on eBay.  so far I don't have any problem.  Shrimps breeding like crazy in my tanks.  

Also, how is the jetlifter constructed?

one very important tip is u need to cut the outflow with a sharpe angle.  this way u can prevent lots of bubbles form and splash all over ur floor.  

and also, don't forget to add a air stone to the air tubing.  It can increase the oxygen dissolve in the water also, it enhances growth of bacteria.  

• 7 months later...

Love the straws idea for the rings.  I use flexible straws to corral floating plants to a specific area.  Crimp the short end with the flex section a little bit and insert into the next straw.    Flex becomes the corner bend.

• 2 weeks later...

Like these! Almost done these myself but could never source food foam. Have too many tanks to drop more than I use for a simple sponge filter

Taylor's Aquatics - Rare Plants & Inverts
http://www.taylorsaquatics.com

Like these! Almost done these myself but could never source food foam. Have too many tanks to drop more than I use for a simple sponge filter

Taylor's Aquatics - Rare Plants & Inverts
http://www.taylorsaquatics.com

I found them online. I see some cheap one on eBay too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:19 PM, ctaylor3737 said:

I know what you mean.  I used to have a fishroom with lots of tanks.  Anytime I wanted to try something new(filter/substrate/light/etc)  I had to do 2 or 3 tanks at a time.  This did help out though because a couple times I ended up not liking the new change as much as the old version and this way I was not out BIG $$$.