Heptacarpus Pictus

Okay it looked brackish because I never saw it in the Marine hobby but because it is from CA , that might be the reason .

I know brackish are very pretty but they never made it in the aquarium hobby .

I have been checking out the mantis for awhile and that will be the first "shrimp" I get when I take the plunge into salt water. They are very cool to watch and they really check you out when you look at them in the tank.

Yea man very cool. I am really wanting these guys now. I want to watch it smash a clam open lol. That narrator was funny as he'll.

-Chris

My biggest fear with the punching is it would miss and punch and crack my tank.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

From what I've read a 30g or larger stops it. I would probably make a thick 20g acrylic tank from what I've read. Seems a better fit.

-Chris

I understand they are hard to breed though, and let's face it. All my shrimp have to breed and "work" for their keep. heh

Just because it's hard doesn't mean it can't be done, and they would probably be your most profitable.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

Well, considering I'm less than a beginner with saltwater, I'd like to find something easy to build my confidence. LOL

Why not jump right in lol. I really like these guys. My lfs has a few and I always go in and watch them. Would love to set up a tank for one.

-Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I saw my first peacock mantis shrimp today. I was amazed at how cool it was. We watched it smash a clam and eat it. You'd be surprised at how loud their smashing is. I am getting one lol. Going to start with probably a 20g for one of them and see how it goes. Already have a 55g I am doing salt in when my basement is done.

-Chris