New shrimp tank

ufm216

Hi guys I'm currently set up new shrimp tanks for the arrival of PRL, red pintos, bbk and cheap CRS. They will arrive 1st week of April. My tank is being cycled since last week. I used underground filter, ceramic rings, volcanic rocks and Ada substrate. All 4 chambers has its own hang on filter.

Question: what other minerals are need for my tank to ensure survival and healthy environment for the arriving shrimps

Hope you can help me sirs

My current tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you using RO water? And if so what are you mixing into (salty shrimp gh/kh or gh+, etc.) Also if you wanted to help with the production of good microorganisms for the shrimp to eat you can dose some Glas Garten Bacter AE.

I was just going to recommend Bacter AE too. I like Bacter AE and Betaglucan.

@ufm216, you can also add some natural leaves like Almond, Mulberry(closer to the end of your tank cycle), guava, alder cones, etc.

Thank you for the responses, I have not added any Bacter yet.. I beleive those should be under the substrate right? My problem is I have started the cycle already . I used filtered water.

@brocknorman, are those mine rock, mineral, bee ball and enlive can be put in a tank with subs and water already?

Thank you for the responses, I have not added any Bacter yet.. I beleive those should be under the substrate right? My problem is I have started the cycle already . I used filtered water.

@brocknorman, are those mine rock, mineral, bee ball and enlive can be put in a tank with subs and water already?

It's OK, add it now. Ideally you want to add it between the substrate layer but it's still OK it add now.