Rabbits eating up our cars

Pokeshrimp

So we notcied my wife's brand new passat was leaking windshield wiper fluid so we took it to the dealership and found out a rabbit got in there and made lunch out of the reservoir and snacked on some wires as well resulting in a $500 repair bill :growl::growl::growl:. Our van was low on fluid and I filled it up only to find the van sitting in an ocean of wiper fluid. Haven't taken the van in yet but I'm sure its gonna cost a couple hundred shrimp.

Anyone else delt with this before? What's the best way to keep rabbits out? Just wanna make sure i don't end up fixing the same thing twice. I looked online and found stuff like granules and stinky spray but I'm not sure the granules would be effective and we're afraid of the stinky spray stinking up the inside of the car. I prefer not to use any poisons because i figure the owls or other animals will eat the dead/dying rabbits and die themselves from the poison. 

Wow, never heard of rabbits doing that. Mice, definitely. Did you see them, or find poop?

In the garden, the most effective way to deal with critters is exclusion. I don't see how that is possible in a car.

IIRC blood meal is supposed to be a deterrent, it shouldn't really smell.

Try a humane trap.

The mechanic said it looked like rabbit chew marks. Plus we do have a huge rabbit population here. Since we live on a military base there is nothing that eats up these rabbits besides the occasional hawk or owl. I don't think a trap would be effective since there is so many. Would deterrents for rodents work for rabbits as well? 

Try coyote urine. You can buy it online at bass pro shops or cabelas.  Spray it on the tires ,not on the rims. The only bad part is the rain will wash it away but it doesn't rain a whole lot in the ABQ.  I know this stuff works http://thegardenstore.com/liquid-fence-deer-rabbit-repellent-concentrate/ but the smell is horrible for a few days. You could spray it on the perimeter of your yard. I would suggest a BB gun but I know thats a big time no no on base.

I too can't see a rabbit climbing up under a car.  Mice,rats,chipmunks,and squirrels Yes.  Coyote urine will usually work if they are a natural predator on base.  A Havaheart rat trap(giant mouse trap) will definitely remove the offender "with extreme prejudice".  Twisty tie a peanut in the shell to the bait pan, although I prefer squash/pumpkin seeds with a hole poked thru and wired.  I work as a  registered nuisance trapper for the state and am guessing one of the latter two above is the culprit.  Up north porcupines would be the culprit.