Shrimp Chart

More tanks! I need more Kind of a cool chart. I've never seen this one before. However, there are several inaccuracies with it. ! 9e6dd92b3eae0a0aec424025d08a35bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of this doesn't look right.  I am mainly referring to the top right section (specifically the first 4 on the right) because I don't know enough about the other crosses to question them. 

55 minutes ago, OblongShrimp said:

Some of this doesn't look right.  I am mainly referring to the top right section (specifically the first 4 on the right) because I don't know enough about the other crosses to question them. 

I agree, lots of things dont seem right at all. not sure who made that. in addition to the crosses being a bit odd. its not that easy. you dont just cross X and Y and get Z.

22 minutes ago, Wygglz said:

But I like the idea of crossing X and Y to get Z!

for sure!! if genetics were only that easy we'd all have some awesome stuff!   no doubt is very confusing. I still have trouble trying to figure out all these crazy hybrids.

Thanks for sharing a new chart Andy! Though many of us probably including yourself don't agree with what is portrayed on the chart, I do have a question along the same line. Does the hobby consider a cross simply from a TB x Tiger to be a Taitibee, or Tibee? My thought and what I have done so far is TB x Tiger = Tibee, then Tibee x TB = Taitibee. Am I incorrect, or is this kind of up in the air dependent on location?

I am setting up another tank for one more Pinto project!! Almost have everything but some supplements and bacteria to get started.

I agree with you. I think you have it right.  I would also call a TB x TT a tangtai. From what I understand is that it's also possible to breed steel and pinto patterns from this combination even though there is a step left out. But I'm not 100% sure since I didn't go this route. Maybe someone can confirm this? And yeah... that chart is bad. But I like the style of it! Looking forward to seeing your new pinto project. What are you going to do different if anything?

I am still working on my Zebra Pattern Pinto project. I just needed an extra tank for separating out good genetics from bad. I really would love to do something with TT as I really am a fan of Steel Blue/Red shrimp.