Web Series watchers?

Soothing Shrimp

• 4 months later...

Sure.  A web series is like a tv show through the internet or alternative device.

There's channels on Roku that do web shows.  Netflix, Hulu, and others all have shows that are made special for them.  Usually those last around 30 minutes in length.  Sometimes an hour.

There's also a 2nd form of web series usually put out on the internet.  YouTube, Itunes and some others have them.  These usually have the range of 3-5 minute episodes on up.

LOL You remembered me talking about it, huh? :bow:

It's in post production right now and will debut by the end of Oct if all goes according to plan.

We're hoping by releasing on YouTube, the number stats will encourage sponsors to put some money into the show.  Right now everything is produced on a micro-budget scale.

Soon after release we will be submitting to festivals as well. :jig:

8 hours ago, Soothing Shrimp said:

LoL That's the attitude. :-p

The name is Community Theatre.

It's a goofy comedy about starting a community theatre and putting up a show without any money. It's shot in a mock-umentary style. 

Art really does imitate life!

My dad and brother both work at Paramount Studios, and my mom is a freelance sound engineer. My brother is also working on a cooking webseries. 

background: I'm from Hollywood, so everyone I know is in "the business."

Let me know if you need a connection for anything specific and I'll send out some feelers. ;]

That's awesome! 

We're on a micro-budget, so calling in favors and making deals for this one.  That won't last forever though, as that will soon run out.

We made the decision to put the show on YT to have verifiable numbers to show sponsors their money can be well spent.  More money also means better quality of production, but we've done the best we could for now.

That also means soon we have to start writing S2 without any knowledge of where the funding is coming from yet.  Talk about stress!

Maybe we will be able to create/add to a character who is not only an artist, but also a shrimper. ;-)

LoL That's the attitude. :-p

The name is Community Theatre.

It's a goofy comedy about starting a community theatre and putting up a show without any money. It's shot in a mock-umentary style. 

So, it is a show produced on a micro budget about a show produced on no budget? Life imitating art. But what happens if you land a whale of a sponsor? Perhaps S2 needs to have one of the key players gain a large inheritance, which they invest in the theatre?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...