This thread is dedicated to the individuals out there that have built, planning, thinking about building a breeding rack of any shape, size and custom plumbing that you want to. I need some ideas on a few racks for my fish room. I have one in mind just looking to see what is out there and to throw around some ideas.

I am thinking on doing a breeding rack of 10g tanks. I want to do 2 shelves of 10g with 5 tanks on each level. On the top level would be where I want to have my 20L tanks at. The 10s would be turned, and the 20L would be like normal. I would have mostly neos in the 10g tanks, killis and anything else. My 20L are the Taiwan bee tanks, not sure on how many I want. I have 2 running right now one for regular breeding and one for my Pinto project. I also want to make a dedicated 20L for Sulawesi Shrimps also.

This should be a good thread to show off our breeding racks and to make life easier for people that are just getting into the hobby and want to know how to organize MTS lol.

Yea man I found some good. Ideas today I'll have to post the pictures. I have an idea in my head but need to figure,out what I want. I'm going for an organized room, I'm going to frame in the stands with trim and hide all the lines. As much time and effort I'm putting into this I want it to be a nice place to hang out. When I first started I was happy with just a concrete floor lol. Now that it's insulated and looking nice I want a different approach

-Chris

Yea know the feeling lol. That's why I'm going to the basement. That and I can get a 200+ fish tank with no weight issues. Little does she know moving to the basement is what I wanted......

-Chris

:lol::lol:

Yea know the feeling lol. That's why I'm going to the basement. That and I can get a 200+ fish tank with no weight issues. Little does she know moving to the basement is what I wanted......

-Chris

lol. if I ever move my next house will have a basement. or if I put an addition on this house I'm building my own gun/fish/office room

Have a gniess day. -Scott

Oh my didn't tell you the best part on the other side I blocked in the other half if the basment and making a gun safe room. Its like 30ft long lol. Putting reloading station and racks up lol

-Chris

Oh my didn't tell you the best part on the other side I blocked in the other half if the basment and making a gun safe room. Its like 30ft long lol. Putting reloading station and racks up lol

-Chris

Very nice. I need a bigger cabinet I have guns stored all over the house. all unloaded and out of rech of course since my daughter is very nosy. I will have to get a fat boy safe to store them all.

Anyways back to stands, have you thought about building a plywood tank into the shelves then dividing but allowing water to pass through the sections so all generations share the same water peramiters and the larger volume of water leading to a more stable tank. Not to mention less stress on the shrimp.

http://swordtailguppies.blogspot.com/2013/08/breeding-rack-systems-automation-for.html?m=1

Found a great blog article on a hippy breeding project. Has central air, full automation and others. Great article to read!

-Chris

Alright so confused, I want to have 2 storage containers with water, one for shrimp and other for discus. Considerin a third for just RO top offs. Do you just split the lines to each container. I want to be able to just let it go. Could do valves on each line so I can just do one tank at a time if needed. Just makes it easier to fill I would think.

-Chris

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/bulk-reverse-osmosis-filters-systems/reverse-osmosis-fittings-valves.html

A b answered my own question found the connectors. I think Lowe's has them also

-Chris

http://swordtailguppies.blogspot.com/2013/08/breeding-rack-systems-automation-for.html?m=1

Found a great blog article on a hippy breeding project. Has central air, full automation and others. Great article to read!

-Chris

hahaha, is your autocorrect acting up again, Chris? Because I had to go see what hippy breeding was, or at least what was "hippy" about this breeding project, and realized you probably meant guppy. :D But now I'm wondering what a hippy breeding project would look like... ;)

You can T off and split RO lines.  My main line comes out of my RO unit is split with a Y connector.  One half goes to my pressurized RO tank under my sink (goes up through the basement floor).  The other half is connected to a T connector that splits it to my 2 RO containers which both have a float valve.  I have ball valves on the pressurized tank and both the RO containers so I can force the water into a specific container if I want to but I could also just leave them all alone and then they would fill the 2 RO containers first (at about the same speed) and then the pressurized tank (more resistance on incoming water then the RO containers).

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice looking. We built a small shelf for some of our tanks and lets just say it is very obvious it was our first try…haha. I want to try again and I was picturing something almost identical to your built Triton. 

It kinda seems like it's a little to narrow as well. I would do it at least double the depth of the tank for a good solid base as well as room for tools supplies and equipment. But damn, that is one beautiful stand

Would be great to do a smaller one with a couple tanks for nano cubes, I have been contemplating what I am going to do with my cubes. I have 3 8g cubes and wanted to do something cool with them, even had thoughts of building them into the wall where my water storage room is. You always see large tanks built into the wall thought it would be neat to do 3 and put nice trim or even a picture frame around them.