I had considered doing a wall at one point, but for now that's on the back burner

The backside of my wall is staying open just in case I do this, and it's a storage room lol so no one but myself will Be in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hahahaha so many wrong thoughts went through my head reading that

My other half won't let me take out a shelf to put my tank rack in. So planing on building one in the basement... Just not sure where

I see you are drunk posting.

Lol I wish was forcing myself to stay up. Gotta work nights tomorrow. Was nodding off typing lol

I hated working night I used to have to do the switch when I drilled overnights at JFK. Of course it was fun being able to call the control tower at midnight and say shut it down we are starting work.

I hated working night I used to have to do the switch when I drilled overnights at JFK. Of course it was fun being able to call the control tower at midnight and say shut it down we are starting work.

Yea man it sucks working nights with a family.

Very interesting project, would you mind to share the dimension of this rack?

James, who ya talking to about dimensions?

I should quote yours, I plan to built some rack in the future, want to know what's the size for the gap above the tank.

I have about 6"... I recommend at least 10"

Thanks, I have 6.5“ for one rack.seems working.

Where does everyone get their lids for tops? I'm wanting to cover all my tanks. Was going to cut glass but really want hinged ones. So much easier, will help keep humidity to a crawl and top offs down.

I thought two tanks were leaking and turns out it was splashing on another tank and running down in between. It leaked pretty good after all night, I filled in my garage and found no leaks. So something to be aware of when building racks. It only really happens when a smaller tank is next to larger tank it seems. The tops and turning down the air stopped the problem. So yea I'll need to buy a few lol.

Where does everyone get their lids for tops? I'm wanting to cover all my tanks. Was going to cut glass but really want hinged ones. So much easier, will help keep humidity to a crawl and top offs down.

I thought two tanks were leaking and turns out it was splashing on another tank and running down in between. It leaked pretty good after all night, I filled in my garage and found no leaks. So something to be aware of when building racks. It only really happens when a smaller tank is next to larger tank it seems. The tops and turning down the air stopped the problem. So yea I'll need to buy a few lol.

I use glass cover, and leave 1" on both sides.

works pretty well for me.

I use glass cover, and leave 1" on both sides.

works pretty well for me.

Did,you get the glass cut? I'm even comfortable cutting my own glass. Looking at a way to make them hinged,

Cheapest I found last night was 8$ a 10g. 15$ a 20L, but then there's shipping. Going to call around later after I sleep to check out more.

Go buy lexan poly from Home Depot, buy a good blade to cut it and will end up like $5 per lid

I tried that on my rimless tank and it bows like a mother lol. Have you done this?

I tried that on my rimless tank and it bows like a mother lol. Have you done this?

Yes, its true。

I did same thing for my altum tank, then I have to replace it with glass.