Ultimate Breather Bags?

Soothing Shrimp

Yea I saw them to, almost bought them because kens didn't have any. Luckily found a box I had forgot about. I always wondered how they were the only company making them. Makes sense now, you think they would have kept that going

-Chris

I think patent law only works for 10 yrs (?) in this case, so now since that is up, companies can do "generic"- just like pills.

Basically Kordon's are just vegetable bags you'd find at the food market, but thicker.

I'm working on my fish room 7Am wanna help?

-Chris

Where did you get them?  Ebay?  I was looking at seeing if I could get some at wholesale prices and resell them.  I emailed Kordon but they only distribute though aqpkg.com and kensfish.

So I got my Ultimate breather bags in yesterday.  They are a little larger than Kordons, and printed in green ink. 

It's true the bags do not have side seams, and the bottom looks heat sealed.  Very well, I may add.

The feel of them is different as well.  The Kordons feel rubbery and have some stretch to them when tying a knot.  These feel more like poly.  No rubber feel, no stretch.  So *could* be a different manufacture altogether.  Still is supposed to be O2 in and CO2 out, though.  People who like poly better would definitely like the feel of these bags.

I'm doing a trade with Shrimpo this week and testing the bag, so we'll see how they hold up for the aquatics. 

Are you able to tie a knot in them as easily as the Kordons or are you going to have to secure them differently?