BUCE

DA SHRIMP KID

I have many varieties of Buce which I absolutely love.  I just can't believe how slow it grows ,it make anubias look like a very fast growing plant in comparison. I am certain it would grow faster with CO2 but we all know CO2 isn't really desirable for caridinia shrimp. What is everyones opinion on this ? I have even used shrimp safe fertilizer and still very very slow growth.

• 2 weeks later...

Will the CO2 make a big difference? not so big in my opinion unless you dose heavy ferts as well and Blasting CO2, Mine do well in my low tech growing a few new  leaves every months and shooting babies once in a while.

3 hours ago, Uriel RT said:

Will the CO2 make a big difference? not so big in my opinion unless you dose heavy ferts as well and Blasting CO2, Mine do well in my low tech growing a few new  leaves every months and shooting babies once in a while.

Wow thats growing fast compared to mine

2 hours ago, Uriel RT said:

Yeah the other thing I've Notice that Rhizomes grow faster than Clumps.

I thought anubias grow slow....this plant makes that look like it grows fast. However ,Buce is my  favorite plant

I think it matters where you plant it.

My skeleton king did nothing for 6+ months in shrimp substrate. I moved it to one of my EcoComplete tanks and it is taking off.

The other 2 buce mats in an ecocomplete tank are growing fine on driftwood without ever touching the substrate. I'm hoping that in the next 2-5 years they will cover all the driftwood they are on.

1 hour ago, Crackhead Johny said:

I think it matters where you plant it.

My skeleton king did nothing for 6+ months in shrimp substrate. I moved it to one of my EcoComplete tanks and it is taking off.

The other 2 buce mats in an ecocomplete tank are growing fine on driftwood without ever touching the substrate. I'm hoping that in the next 2-5 years they will cover all the driftwood they are on.

more like 5 years.....I have buce on my driftwood and it might have grown a 1/16 of an inch in 6 months

• 1 month later...

Can you grow them emersed like anubias?  Anubias grows much faster emersed.  it goes through a transition to submersed where it might look wilty and loose leaves....  But as long as it has a nice big fat healthy rhizome it'll put out new leaves, and lots of them.  So it's a way to get a big plant faster....  Just thinking. I have no idea if they can be grown emmersed....

11 hours ago, TheGlassBox said:

Can you grow them emersed like anubias?  Anubias grows much faster emersed.  it goes through a transition to submersed where it might look wilty and loose leaves....  But as long as it has a nice big fat healthy rhizome it'll put out new leaves, and lots of them.  So it's a way to get a big plant faster....  Just thinking. I have no idea if they can be grown emmersed....

I have them both ways emersed and glued to driftwood. I really dont notice any difference in growth rates.