diy food

Subtletanks91

For shrimp meal what do you think of buying zoo med dried river shrimp and crushing it into a fine powder. Or maybe mealworm meal buying flukes dried mealworms or crickets and making a powder out of those?

You may like what i use as one of the ingredients to make koi food is shrimp tail. I slow bake in oven until crispy then grind it to powder.

Lol. We BBQ every week. Usually crane as Ada, tri tip, chicken, corn and ribs. I'm the only sea food eater in my house. Which is ironic because I'm the only one besides my daughter who is completely enthused by my fish tanks.

Bwahahahahahahha I get that look everytime I talk to mt fiance about anything related to my tanks. Her look is the " you know I have no clue what your saying but your telling me anyways" look haha

It depends on how much wet food your using. You need enough cold binder to bind it and make it a solid clay. For one pat wet shredded fish you would need two parts binder, vit, probiotic, algae to make the clay

Ok, so using my diy smarts, not really...... I used a plastic tupaware container and the back end of a box cutter to grind, after heating to remove extra moisture, my cricket and shrimp meal..... This took forevvvvvvveeeeeeer so I decided it was time to get a mortar and pestle. With that in mind what so you guys think of this one? I'm going to need to grind up chlorella, lacto tablets, more shrimp and more crickets for meal. Etc etc

http://www.amazon.com/White-Marble-Spice-Grinder-Frontier/dp/B000BU7U5M/ref=sr_1_10?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1404856272&sr=1-10

I think a coffee grinder would be much easier and cheaper (9.99 coffee grinder on amazon have great reviews).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Puddles

Haha. This could be interesting.

If you feed a color changer such as spirulina or Astaxanthin for long periods of time while breeding do you think it could create a genetic anomole changing and altering the color of the shrimp permanently.