diy food

Subtletanks91

I know I seen those too. I don't wanna use that though. They have crab shell ones to but being fertilizer I wouldn't trust it at all. I may just end up continue to use cricket and shrimp home made meal.

• 1 month later...

Alright buddies. Back from Hawaii. A week later and 15$ of fresh seafood. I made my first batch if food. And I must say. Its a hit. As soon as I dropped it in my hongsloi breeder tank. All the babies started nipping at it. It holds well under water. Now to test it in my trifasciata tank. If everyone in there eats it I'm good. Lol. I want to send out some samples but that requires dry ice to keep it cold or frozen.

I think I know a vet lab that tests for nutrient minerals in feed, but I don't think you'd enjoy the price tag ... I want to say it's $80/sample not including shipping, and this might be one of those labs that charges an accession fee (basically a base handling charge per sample). Also, that test really designed to screen for toxic levels of things (which might be useful if you want to monitor copper levels to make sure they are low enough). I would have to do some digging to see if they run a routine feed analysis. Still, sending to a lab would surely be cheaper than buying the equipment. Those are typically multi-step tests and I'd be seriously impressed if anyone made an affordable piece of equipment for use at the hobby level (or even the small business level of commerce).

I found a website that I emailed and they gave me some websites to look at and also a couple people to contact. The price tag however.... Will be at least a couple hundred I beleive because they go through the FDA.