Low tech\light plants for shrimp tank

DarkSmoggie

I'm considering getting a 25\30 litre tank with its own light in the hood and to move my red cherry shrimp in there but was wondering what sort of plants not only would be ideal for the type of light it'll have but also for the red cherry shrimps as well.

I have been considering getting java moss and java fern and attaching it to some bogwood that i have but would like some stem plants that aren't going to require CO2,  i would possibly be adding some root tabs and API leaf zone.

Java Fern can be attached to gravel by just holding the rhizome down against the gravel. Most rooted plants require more than 1" depth of gravel to thrive, depending on plant size even 2" to 3" depth might not be enough.

• 3 months later...

I have a low tech tank that seems to grow anything but dwarf babytears. Albeit plants grow slower but they're always bright green, or pink and my neos breed like crazy. 

Yeah, dwarf baby tears only grow well in high tech setups.  They need light and CO2.  Otherwise, they'll grow tall and lanky and very slowly if at all...  I just use mosses for carpeting in my low techs.  Mosses can make beautiful carpeting plants!

Yup.  You really need CO2 for them to take off.... I grew them for a while in my high tech, but they collected waste really bad and were hard to vacuum.  Harder to vacuum than moss.  And if you have taller plants around them, then they only grow best where they're not shaded.  I'd only try them again if I had a high tech Iwagumi tank with no livestock.  Really pretty, but moss is easier to keep all around.  

:)