10 Gallon Cyrstal Reds Cycle....

JLui83

Whats your temp? CRS breed better in cooler water temps...I've had my tank for 2 months now, 2 batches of babies with 5 more berried! My temp is always around 71-73

1 hour ago, JLui83 said:

around 73*F

that sounds good, i guess just a little patience? haha mine started to all get berried around the same time, one week i had none berried, the next I had 3! Hope you have success with yours!

May 5, 2017

-Dosed Seachem Flourish .4ml into the tank for good trace elements and nutrients. 

According to the dosing on the bottle. 

5ml for 60 gal once or twice a week

essentially 1 ml for 12 gallons

Figured id play it safe and will dose around .4ml every week just to see how everything goes.

On 4/29/2017 at 5:44 PM, JLui83 said:

Found a molt today on my sponge filter. Looked around the tank and found my first berried crystal red! super excited. 

How long does it take from day 1 till little shrimplets in the tank?

I found that it usually takes 3-4 weeks, I've had this 1 shrimp who was berried for 5 weeks, had me worried but still popped out babies!

hmmm not good.

Found 2 mire Dead

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates around 5ppm

TDS 130

GH 4

KH 0

Temp 72*F

Parameters are good and steady. not sure whats going on but I'll do a small water change maybe 10-15% and see what the deal is.

Only thing new is i added a very little amount of bacter AE to the tank. This shouldnt be the source of deaths could it?

Does your tap have chloramines? I ask because those purewaterclub filters do not say they remove them or at least I didn't see it listed on the product page. You could try checking for ammonia right from your RO system, sometimes it can get through if already in the tap with the coconut carbon filter as a catalytic carbon filter could be needed. Noticed some salt water guys having these issues so thought I'd throw them out there.

• 2 weeks later...