Dream blue shrimp info

Umbra

Heyo guys. I'm curious, how can I be sure if a blue dream shrimp is a real blue dream shrimp? or example a painted red has certain characteristics over a fire red, and a fire red has better characteristics over a sakura and so on, but what are the characteristics of blue dreams?

8 minutes ago, dazalea said:

They are deep blue, full blue body. Sometimes they show some darker patches but its not very noticeable.

Ah, I see. what distinguishes them from blue jelly shrimp and blue velvet shrimp then? I'm guessing that blue jellies are much lighter, but what about blue velvets? Tjanks for the help :)

1 hour ago, dazalea said:

the distinguishing factor is that  blue jelly shrimp and blue velvets are much lighter.

Ok, I seel. so jellies are the lightest, followed by velvets and then followed by dream blues? I'm curious, is there a chart of this?

I was actually trying to find the answer to this for blue velvets and found this on shrimpkeepersforum.  They were/are trying to make a family tree for all the colors, so maybe the difference is if the shrimp is chocolate derived or chocolate then black derived?

I think most of it is speculation and personal insight on color varieties that offshoot from personal breeding (a collective consensus of those forum members).

https://skfaquatics.com/forum/topic/11293-new-library-article-skf-neocaridina-davidi-photo-chart/

https://skfaquatics.com/forum/topic/8474-cherry-shrimp-family-tree-is-finally-here/

Edited by Zorya
forgot to put sentence 3

11 hours ago, Zorya said:

I was actually trying to find the answer to this for blue velvets and found this on shrimpkeepersforum.  They were/are trying to make a family tree for all the colors, so maybe the difference is if the shrimp is chocolate derived or chocolate then black derived?

I think most of it is speculation and personal insight on color varieties that offshoot from personal breeding (a collective consensus of those forum members).

https://skfaquatics.com/forum/topic/11293-new-library-article-skf-neocaridina-davidi-photo-chart/

https://skfaquatics.com/forum/topic/8474-cherry-shrimp-family-tree-is-finally-here/

err, those charts confuse me even more O_O

It is important to note that blue Pearl/jelly are from different lines of shrimp.

They aren't "lower quality" blue, they are a totally different looking blue. Pearl and Jelly look like a sky-blue.
The other blue shrimp get "bluer"(darker) the better the quality. However, even a low quality blue velvet will look darker than a high quality blue Pearl.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I thought that blue jellies were the lightest blue with mostly clear shells, blue velvets were sky blue with clear blue shells, and pearls were powdered blue (more milky, whiteish) with opaque shells?  It's so hard finding the exact description for these because they are all similar looking and frequently people interchange the names :(!

14 hours ago, Zorya said:

I thought that blue jellies were the lightest blue with mostly clear shells, blue velvets were sky blue with clear blue shells, and pearls were powdered blue (more milky, whiteish) with opaque shells?  It's so hard finding the exact description for these because they are all similar looking and frequently people interchange the names :(!

what are powdered blue shrimp? That's the first time I've ever heard of them, lol, and yeah, they get interchanged a lot. I want to make sure i can identify my own stock well when I start breeding and selling them over here, but all these names are so very confusing.

17 hours ago, pucksr said:

It is important to note that blue Pearl/jelly are from different lines of shrimp.

They aren't "lower quality" blue, they are a totally different looking blue. Pearl and Jelly look like a sky-blue.
The other blue shrimp get "bluer"(darker) the better the quality. However, even a low quality blue velvet will look darker than a high quality blue Pearl.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

how can I know from what lines they come from then?

34 minutes ago, Umbra said:

how can I know from what lines they come from then?

Oh I didn't mean it as a different color variation but as a way of describing the color instead of saying each one was light blue... problems with naming things after colors and then trying to describe the color using a color that is not the name! :/

27 minutes ago, Zorya said:

Oh I didn't mean it as a different color variation but as a way of describing the color instead of saying each one was light blue... problems with naming things after colors and then trying to describe the color using a color that is not the name! :/

lol.... wow, this is true, but also so confusing, HAHAHAAA!!!