Fresh foods for shrimp

DevinB

It is that time of year in ohio now that gardens are being harvested and I'm just curious to see what other shrimpers thoughts are on feeding fresh foods. I want to try some fresh celery stalks and leaves, brussel sprout leaves, bean pods, spinach, zucchini squash and possibly leaves. I will test on my neos first as they are hardy, these I all feel are safe but want to know of others experiences, I also have tomatoes and bell peppers but as these are of the same nightshade genus as tobacco I imagine there are neurotoxins in all of the plant that could effect shrimp. So lets hear it SS, what do you like to feed shrimp from garden fresh greens?

Thank you as well, I figured since its harvest season it would be good to make a thread of failures and success in feeding garden greens. Brussel sprout leafs I expect to be as well taken as spinach and zuch. Celery is well received by my cory cats and loaches so figured inverts would enjoy also. 

anyone here ever try give a small and sure little a fresh fish meat to them ?

if yes, how your experience, recommend to do that, or dangerous thing to do or i must do it sometime/regularly ?

• 4 weeks later...