Keeping blue bolts and pintos?

6 hours ago, Mattaquarium said:

Hi everyone so I'm getting back into keeping shrimp after a couple years off and I was just curious, what would happen if I kept blue bolts and pintos together? I really wanted to keep black and white pintos with blue bolts but I'm unsure if it'll create ugly hybrids or not? Let me know thanks :) 

Mainly just wondering if I can keep them together like you would keep blue bolts and king kongs and red wines? 

7 hours ago, Vshrimp said:

When crossing TB and Pintos. From my experience, you'll get both types. Pinto and TB. Just know the TB will carry the pinto gene as it's a some what of a pinto mischling now. 

Will some of the offspring look like mischlings though? Or will they still look good or like one of the parents? Thanks for the help :) 

8 hours ago, Mattaquarium said:

Will some of the offspring look like mischlings though? Or will they still look good or like one of the parents? Thanks for the help :) 

What is meant by mischling is they have the genes. They will look like TB but have pinto genes.

13 hours ago, Nikolaus777 said:

I keep my Red belly pintos and blue bolts together now. 

Have gotten a few Mischling types, a few TBs and a few crazy looking fishbone/striped patterns have came out so far. 

Think that I am on the 3rd generation so far.

Looks really cool to me.

Wow sounds cool! Could you share some pics of the offspring you've gotten? 

I really have been thinking about mixing red pintos and blue bolt shrimp. Any ideas of what outcome I would get from this? I know they'll cross breed most likely but what would the offspring look like from these two opposite colored caridina shrimp? I am not a huge fan of the mischling look that shrimp have. I guess I am a little confused on the topic of selective breeding or cross breeding shrimp lol

• 3 months later...
On 10/12/2017 at 12:25 PM, Mattaquarium said:

I really have been thinking about mixing red pintos and blue bolt shrimp. Any ideas of what outcome I would get from this? I know they'll cross breed most likely but what would the offspring look like from these two opposite colored caridina shrimp? I am not a huge fan of the mischling look that shrimp have. I guess I am a little confused on the topic of selective breeding or cross breeding shrimp lol

Find DET's pinto project posts on here.

You will see what happens when you start crossing breeds.