Which PRL Lineage??

7 hours ago, mikehawkrocs said:

Ever hear back from Joe? I am also looking for the best PRLs that I can find.

He's going to send me a new batch on April 9th or thereabouts. 

Joe has nice shrimps but I'm not sure if he has the "best".  The best will end up costing you hundreds of dollars per shrimp from higher end breeders.  A local breeder in my neck of the woods started his own lineage with PRLs imported from Marcus Hafermann in Germany.  Much higher quality but at 7X the cost.  $20 vs $140 per shrimp.  

On 4/5/2018 at 9:01 AM, zenster said:

He's going to send me a new batch on April 9th or thereabouts. 

Joe has nice shrimps but I'm not sure if he has the "best".  The best will end up costing you hundreds of dollars per shrimp from higher end breeders.  A local breeder in my neck of the woods started his own lineage with PRLs imported from Marcus Hafermann in Germany.  Much higher quality but at 7X the cost.  $20 vs $140 per shrimp.  

ok well I know someone from Ca who has the Hafermann line, Shes selling them for around 23 a piece so Ill probably just get hers if you think they are much higher than Joes

2 hours ago, mikehawkrocs said:

ok well I know someone from Ca who has the Hafermann line, Shes selling them for 23 a piece so Ill probably just get hers if you think they are much higher than Joes

Hard to give you an opinion without seeing hers in person.  Different breeders have different breeding and culling techniques so the quality can vary.  Could you get her to send a pic of what she's selling and post it on here?

On 4/5/2018 at 2:05 PM, zenster said:

Hard to give you an opinion without seeing hers in person.  Different breeders have different breeding and culling techniques so the quality can vary.  Could you get her to send a pic of what she's selling and post it on here?

30126945_10155597849593196_1221515785156346720_n.jpg

30222060_10155597849918196_1795626999745481294_n.jpg

30412362_10155597849538196_9118678706959807559_n.jpg

Mike, thanks for the pic.  They are definitely nicer than the ones Joe sent me.  Do you know how many generations she has bred since the original batch?  The ones from Joe were directly imported from Taiwan and seem quite weak.   I bought 20 and only 8 are remaining.  Memphis had quite a few die off too.

22 hours ago, zenster said:

Mike, thanks for the pic.  They are definitely nicer than the ones Joe sent me.  Do you know how many generations she has bred since the original batch?  The ones from Joe were directly imported from Taiwan and seem quite weak.   I bought 20 and only 8 are remaining.  Memphis had quite a few die off too.

You can find her on Facebook. She is a proven PRL breeder and are extremely nice. She has some that ranges from $20 a piece up to $100+ I think. She has the Hafferman lineage, and had at least 3-4 generations. 

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎12 at 1:52 PM, Memphis118 said:

You can find her on Facebook. She is a proven PRL breeder and are extremely nice. She has some that ranges from $20 a piece up to $100+ I think. She has the Hafferman lineage, and had at least 3-4 generations. 

I'm not on Facebook.  Do you have a link to her page?  Curious to see what those $100+ look like.