Question about water changes

Mishiri

I have some PRL CRS, and currently my TDS is around 155-160.

If I use RO water to do my water change, and add some Salty shrimp remineralizer to it to bring the GH to 5... that would be around 70-90 ish TDS. If I used 90 TDS water, would that big of a difference in TDS harm the shrimp?

Or should I gradually lower the TDS over time such as: Using new water around 130, then next water change 120, etc etc?

Thanks

To gradually bring it down do 10% water changes more often.  Maybe 2-3 times a week is fine since the amount is lower.  You do not want to add too much GH to make the tds higher but instead do the lower 10% wc with the 80 tds water.  Then in a couple weeks they should be in good range.  Also make sure the temp is fairlry close to the tank water.

The way I do water changes in my shrimp tanks is I have an adjustable water pump I use to fill the water from a bucket.  I set it to be extremely slow and takes about an hour to fill about 2 gallons of water.  This ensures that the shrimp have time to adjust to any differences.  I highly recommend this.

32 minutes ago, ClownPlanted said:

To gradually bring it down do 10% water changes more often.  Maybe 2-3 times a week is fine since the amount is lower.  You do not want to add too much GH to make the tds higher but instead do the lower 10% wc with the 80 tds water.  Then in a couple weeks they should be in good range.  Also make sure the temp is fairlry close to the tank water.

The way I do water changes in my shrimp tanks is I have an adjustable water pump I use to fill the water from a bucket.  I set it to be extremely slow and takes about an hour to fill about 2 gallons of water.  This ensures that the shrimp have time to adjust to any differences.  I highly recommend this.

Great advice @ClownPlanted !  I use a Tom's Aqualifter and more recently a 4 head dosing pump (Jebao DP-4) to do my water changes and that seems to work well for me.