Orange eye black king kong?

So I found 2 of these in my tank today after breeding a tibee with a blue bolt and they are probably 4 or 5 days old. They have bright orange eyes and super super dark blue/ black with a 2 stripe BKK pattern and no discernible "tiger" striping, looks like they will probably be full black in a week or 2. Are these considered a royal blue orange eye tibee, or an orange eye BKK? They seem like they will look identical to a BKK but orange eyes. Any ideas appreciated, mainly just wanted to show my new babies off :)

20180207_162636.jpg

20180207_162631.jpg

20180207_162458.jpg

18 minutes ago, wyzazz said:

I would call it an OEBKK, Orange Eyed Black King Kong.  Awesome Shrimp!!!

Thank you! Is this an established genotype by anybody? I googled orange eye black king kong and found nothing.. I plan on starting a breeding project with these 2 once they grow up bc they are so darn cute

2 minutes ago, wyzazz said:

Don't think so.  I would def try and see if you could get them to breed true in a few generations!

I am new to breeding shrimps but this was my first attempt at selective breeding and I got these 2 out of it :) .. I'm assuming I should breed it back to the same line of  blue bolt, or should I order a few nice bkk to breed it against? Or both? I only have a few decent black pandas, no other 2 bar kk

Thats the hopes for sure, but thanks for the input if not. They are obviously way too young still to tell, but if I do manage to get these to breed true, would it be desirable traits? (I.e should I invest some money into better breeding setups. I only have one more 10g and a 13g long tank I could set up atm)

1 minute ago, sparky4056 said:

Orange eye BKKs have been established overseas, you can order them from jtibee.com, who is an importer.  Don't know if anyone is breeding them here though.

Either way, congratulations on the nice looking shrimp

Thank you for the info and input, I'm super excited to see them in my first real breeding project. Hoping that is a good sign of what's to come.

Shrimplets often have lighter colored eyes that will darken as they age, I would wait a couple weeks before going all out on your breeding setup for these guys since there's a good chance it will fade.

Don't want to stamp out your enthusiasm, just keep an eye (ho ho) on them as they get older.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't notice at first as they were too small to keep track of but I actually have at least 4 of these shrimp! One of them the flipper part of the tail (I really should know what the technical term is lol) is clear with a white dot on each side so isn't going to look like a bkk fully.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 8:11 PM, DevinB said:

Thank you for the info and input, I'm super excited to see them in my first real breeding project. Hoping that is a good sign of what's to come.

I’m breeding them currently. They breed about 80-90% true. With that 20-10% being culls which look like OE ghost. Shrimp with the orange eye trait can’t possess the color pigment of white. So for a OE BKK panda instead of white it’s clear. 

A8C9F7DC-3E98-4603-9F5A-E7D2652A6064.jpeg

8A1B3E0B-DA52-4002-B05D-7D09241F824A.jpeg

1 hour ago, DevinB said:

Mine have white on them in either 2,3 or 4 bar patterns and all have either 2 or 4 white dots on their tails. So these are going to turn clear as they age? Or will it just slowly disappear in the next generations? 

If it has true orange eyes then it will be clear maybe with a tint of blue. Shrimp that have orange eyes can’t have white pigment. It might be hard to tell until it matures more to tell if it’s clear with true OE or white with redish eyes. 

Awww I see.. all of my baby shrimp in this tank have orange eyes so far, which is weird because not a single adult shrimp I have has orange or red eyes only black. But these ones are probably 5 weeks old so far and are definitely still orange eyed, not sure how long it would take to show red instead of orange, but they for sure have white bars/ stripes on them..All the other babies I have from this tank are looking like blue jelly's as babies but orange eyed, none are really looking like they have much of their tibee parents genes as they aren't showing any patchy spots or tiger stripes just typical taiwan bee patterns with orange eyes.

Is it proven that orange eyes literally can't have white on them, or just speculated? Because these little ones all are showing orange eyes and every single one has white stripes so far. There's even a few that look like they will be snow whites with orange eyes. =/

I want to see some OE Snow Whites! That sounds really cool.

Pics if you have them :P 

Is it proven that orange eyes literally can't have white on them, or just speculated? Because these little ones all are showing orange eyes and every single one has white stripes so far. There's even a few that look like they will be snow whites with orange eyes. =/
Shrimps with OE can not have opaque whites. If you look at all OE shrimps including tigers with OE they are all translucent. None have white on them. Breeding for OE comes with the draw backs of the "ghost" coloring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It's normal for alot of young new born shrimps to have different color eyes. As they grow they will loose it and turn black.

• 2 months later...

Update on this, they are pretty much 3/4 the size of the adults now and still seem to be keeping the orange eyes. I finally got a decentish picture of one of them today as it was getting ready to molt, you can see that where his tail and abdomen meet there is a clear ring, all of the others have this as well but all the rest of the white stayed white. Now I have a generation of some that are about a month and a half old that all have white eyes.. the one  with all white tail I call  mime because he has a white smilie face and white eyes.

IMG_20180514_183315.jpg

IMG_20180514_183320.jpg

IMG_20180514_181620.jpg

IMG_20180514_184239.jpg

IMG_20180514_184425.jpg

Update on this, they are pretty much 3/4 the size of the adults now and still seem to be keeping the orange eyes. I finally got a decentish picture of one of them today as it was getting ready to molt, you can see that where his tail and abdomen meet there is a clear ring, all of the others have this as well but all the rest of the white stayed white. Now I have a generation of some that are about a month and a half old that all have white eyes.. the one  with all white tail I call  mime because he has a white smilie face and white eyes.
IMG_20180514_183315.jpg.e1e46555b5d77e83547a9ddaeb47521e.jpg
IMG_20180514_183320.jpg.7981906ccd2434c0066c8e6f9818d4e4.jpg
IMG_20180514_181620.jpg.ce7a0b52623a42fbefb041ff01fbf7e6.jpg
IMG_20180514_184239.jpg.2d55dbc8a597128402daa3363f79dc3f.jpg
IMG_20180514_184425.jpg.7b9a4f6f15dd4d7126f9cf25ce8ab2bf.jpg
Just looks like a BKK. No OE. Again OE shrimp has no white and yours has white on them.