Where to start? Basics of Cross Breeding

First post here so if i'm missing something go easy on me.  I have some PRLs that I'd like to continue to breed, but I wouldn't mind getting a couple other caridina or adding a caridina to the PRLs to get something new. Obviously this would be in a new tank so I don't mess up the line.  I'm just wondering how you figure out what patterns do what and if there is a basics of cross breeding or a chart I could reference.

• 4 weeks later...

That's definitely one of the better threads I've read in regards to cross breeding. I'd personally say take the advice in that thread, then maybe do some crosses that other people wouldn't normally do. Me personally, I bought shrimp off of 6 different respected breeders then started messing around with them. My first real "breeding project" ended up with orange eye black king kongs by accident. 

Could always just buy a 10 pack of all of your favorite types of shrimp, throw them in a tank together then pull out the babies you like and selective breed all your favorites. I'll probably catch heat for saying that, but why not experiment..? You can always cull out tanks and separate them if you end up with the monkey/frog hybrids like in the movie beerfest lol..

That's definitely one of the better threads I've read in regards to cross breeding. I'd personally say take the advice in that thread, then maybe do some crosses that other people wouldn't normally do. Me personally, I bought shrimp off of 6 different respected breeders then started messing around with them. My first real "breeding project" ended up with orange eye black king kongs by accident. 
Could always just buy a 10 pack of all of your favorite types of shrimp, throw them in a tank together then pull out the babies you like and selective breed all your favorites. I'll probably catch heat for saying that, but why not experiment..? You can always cull out tanks and separate them if you end up with the monkey/frog hybrids like in the movie beerfest lol..
Problem with this is....theres too many variables since your mixing more than 2 shrimps. You might make a desirable shrimp randomly but can you make more? The reasons why the big breeders are who they are is because they understand how genetics works and understand proper breeding techniques.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk