Optimal temp for PRL CRS

Optimal temp  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Your Optimal Temp for PRL CRS

• 73+

3 hours ago, ClownPlanted said:

I keep my crs and prl tanks at 72 and they absolutely thrive. Tons of berried and babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome.

I keep mine at 72 as well. I was just curious if I should drop it further to around 70 or not.

27 minutes ago, Memphis118 said:

Awesome.

I keep mine at 72 as well. I was just curious if I should drop it further to around 70 or not.

The lower the temp the less active and slower they grow but tend to live a bit longer.  The higher the temp they are more active and grow faster.  But when talking about the temp difference between 70 to 73 which is what is recommended for them the difference is very little.  I have always kept mine at 72 and since they do well at that temp I have no reason to change it.

From my experience the higher the temperature the higher the mortality rate for PRL’s. During the summer months in Germany. My Aquariums reach temps between 24-26*C. 75-78*F causes my shrimp to grow fast and die fast. To me it is not important for the male shrimp. However; the female shrimp are affected from this. I think they do not have enough time to properly produce their female organs.

Any other time besides summer. My Aquarium temps are 21*c  70*F