Looking for CHOICE BUBBLER or NAG

What a weird coincidence.

I inherited one of these months ago and thought it was so cool that I've been wanting another for a while. The problem is that I've never known what it was called.
This morning I finally did some research and --while I couldn't find anyone who sold it stateside-- I did stumble across this item on ebay. I'm all for supporting the local shrimp/aquarium industry when possible but if no one else is selling it here... I might have to grab this. :P

It looks like it is an adapter to adjust water flow from a canister filter output or pump output.  It also has an airline adapter to use the venturi principle to pull air into the water.  Scratch that, it looks like you push air into the line via an airpump.  

3 hours ago, wyzazz said:

It looks like it is an adapter to adjust water flow from a canister filter output or pump output.  It also has an airline adapter to use the venturi principle to pull air into the water.  Scratch that, it looks like you push air into the line via an airpump.  

In theory it could use the Venturi principle to pull air but in practice it doesn't work as well since the outflow slows over time (inlet filter clog, media clog). An air pump ends up being very reliable.

You are correct, this let's you both guide the flow of water in your tank while also creating very fine bubbles. You don't get the sound or sight of an air stone and the bubbles are actually so small they flow through the water column with the current, whereas with an air stone they sort of just go up. It's a nice way to oxygenate your water.

EDIT: reread your post and thought I would clarify. It doesn't adjust flow rate, just direction. 

14 hours ago, aotf said:

I inherited one of these months ago and thought it was so cool that I've been wanting another for a while. The problem is that I've never known what it was called.
This morning I finally did some research and --while I couldn't find anyone who sold it stateside-- I did stumble across this item on ebay. I'm all for supporting the local shrimp/aquarium industry when possible but if no one else is selling it here... I might have to grab this. :P

Oh man awesome. Thank you. I was looking on ebay for NAG bubbler and nothing came up. Appreciate it!

22 hours ago, aotf said:

How do you like the one you have so far? Have you noticed the increased oxygen helping your shrimp? Does it require much cleaning? 

1 hour ago, Memphis118 said:

How do you like the one you have so far? Have you noticed the increased oxygen helping your shrimp? Does it require much cleaning? 

It took me a while to warm up to it (initially I was depending on the Venturi effect and it was hit or miss) but once I put an air pump on it, I started to really like it.
I can't say I really tested with or without it very much so it's not like there is a noticeable difference in my shrimp but I definitely like it better than an airstone. It's a more elegant solution, atomizes the bubbles better, and lets you direct flow in your tank.
I've been using it for a couple months and I've never cleaned it. It's got some mild algae and stuff growing on it but nothing impeding flow so I don't mind.

EDIT: To put it in perspective, I would happily spend $10 on another but not $20. It's basically an upgraded air stone so it won't revolutionize your aquarium experience.

2 hours ago, aotf said:

It took me a while to warm up to it (initially I was depending on the Venturi effect and it was hit or miss) but once I put an air pump on it, I started to really like it.
I can't say I really tested with or without it very much so it's not like there is a noticeable difference in my shrimp but I definitely like it better than an airstone. It's a more elegant solution, atomizes the bubbles better, and lets you direct flow in your tank.
I've been using it for a couple months and I've never cleaned it. It's got some mild algae and stuff growing on it but nothing impeding flow so I don't mind.

EDIT: To put it in perspective, I would happily spend $10 on another but not $20. It's basically an upgraded air stone so it won't revolutionize your aquarium experience.

Nice nice. Can't wait till I get one myself and check it out. As far as the venturi effect vs the air pump, what was the main differences? Air pump gave it a steady flow of air?

1 hour ago, Memphis118 said:

Nice nice. Can't wait till I get one myself and check it out. As far as the venturi effect vs the air pump, what was the main differences? Air pump gave it a steady flow of air?

The issue I've had with canister filters is that the flow drops for a variety of reasons over time. Could be a dirty inlet sponge, could be gunk in the filter. Either way, the flow can drop below the necessary amount to pull in air and it stops working altogether. It's not terrible (if anything, it tells you that it's time to clean your sponge) but a pump will get you some consistency. I'd say use it if you have one laying around. Otherwise try it without and see how it works out for you when your canister is all old and slow. 

One thing that's helped so far with the canister slowing is using a stainless steel mesh guard on the inlet (Han has some) instead of a sponge. The mesh is fine enough for baby shrimp. It doesn't clog as bad and cleaning it is super easy.

So I was able to get a CHOICE bubbler from someone on Facebook, he gave it to me for free since he wasn't using it anymore.

For aiming... do you guys aim it upwards? Or downwards? Currently I use the adjustment tool and pushing the water / bubbles down.