7.5G Bee Tank

ILikeAsianBooty

-Gotta grab some DI water tmr, gonna fill the tank a little above substrate to start the cycle atleast. 

-Hopefully by the time the tank is cycled the cube has exploded with juvies already. Not sure what variation I'll get but im looking forward to it.

-Has anyone also seen ellen wang ...uhh is it a zebra bb? Looks so beautifully amazing. Not sure how he crossed it but its definitely unique.Will post a pic at the end. Also, please remove his picture if its not allowed to be shown. Thank You.

5ad54e36151a5_thumbnail(2).jpg.65d1a79b5f67aae626f1f4540c2dfff7.jpg

-some of them came out for feeding. they really like @Jamisondaniel33 home made food. Really recommend ya try his product, its no joke.83.jpg.67828ab722d9a55a606085c496fb208f.jpg

ellenw.jpg.4c2f48f54ab0044fff13fbb4d4501214.jpg

Next time I gotta make the elbow pipes longer..getting no flow(even though the tank is small), but filtration is good and also make the pipes fitted an inch lower. Got about an 1 1/2 inch of substrate which is just perfect. 

5ad7e53470bba_thumbnail(3).jpg.cbc1c441be0b465191bd52b4c5137447.jpg

If I turn my air all the way up (Jehmco LPH-45 on a 3/4" central loop, running 20 outlets) the flow is ridiculous!  It really just depends on how powerful the airpump you run is.  I also tried running without airstones for a while, but didn't like the output nearly as much.  Maybe I'll take a video of one of my tanks later tonight to show what my output looks like.  

looks like the jet of the lift tube is not positioned right.  Here is a quote from swiss tropicals about how to place the jet.

Q: how do you install the lift tube in an HMF or corner filter?

A: In my experience the best result is achieved if the discharge pipe of the lift tube is about 1/2-2/3 submerged. Nesting the lift tubes in a groove of the HMF on top is the best. In addition, it provides a current along the surface that rolls down the front glass in smaller setups, which helps to move particles to the filter. Installation above the water line creates a waterfall in front of the sponge that actually moves particles away. The horizontal discharge is less noisy and messy than the simple bubble up of cube filters or similar.

Looking at the discharges, you will likely want them both coming out at the same point.  The water level in that pic should have the tubes 1/2-3/4 submerged as chappy mentioned.  It will work fully submerged, but you will get more splashing and noise.  

Just reviewing some new food  I bought from  @plamski Really great packaging and fast shipping! Food breaks down very easily to where everyone gets a piece. Great ingredients included also. The neos seem to love these more than the majority of the commercial foods I have on hand. Top pic is the protein meal, while bottom pic is the veggies. Also have some baby food/powder waiting to be used! For more info hit up plamski!

Also thanks to memphis for letting me find out about these!

-btw their going crazy trying to find her hehe, first possible momma in the cube.

thumbnail (4).jpg

86.jpg

87.jpg

-1st berried, not sure who the daddy is but im happy 

-down to last zebra/3 zzzzzzzz. not sure what killed the last one, but this happened before the berry. Havent done anything different to the tank.

88.jpg

89.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update, atleast 2 berried females and 1 that just released clutch or waiting to be berried.Can't wait to see who the daddy is. Also 3 of my ebb are confirmed females :] Waiting for them to mature, may take another 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately, my zebra is a male..may look to source BKK/BZ

Both are females in this picture

tb90.jpg.f5347f97d0d7385fd905979967d179bf.jpg

Looks like she just released tho, I do not see any shrimplets yet or males swimming around crazy like earlier this morning. 

1521734301_thumbnail(5).jpg.cad234218a8bed77c3b8f638cb605fba.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mother, and soon to be mother :]

Got a lil planaria action going on. Dont wanna nuke the tank since theres too many snails atm and it hasnt exploded yet. Removing them 1 by 1 and reduced feeding.

tb92.jpg

tb90.jpg

1 hour ago, Memphis118 said:

Got any pictures of the planaria? Are you positive its that, and not just a detritus worm or something? 

Theres one hanging around the bottom edge of the 1st picture

13 hours ago, ILikeAsianBooty said:

Theres one hanging around the bottom edge of the 1st picture

Could also be rhabdocoela. They are small white flatworms that feed of detritus and are of no harm to baby shrimps like planaria. I constantly see them in my tanks along with detritus worms and daphnia. Overfeeding is usually the culprit. They are helping to clean up your mess.

Just use a jeweler's loop or magnifying glass to positively i.d. them.

-After almost 3 months we have our first baby. I guess the 1st berried dropped all her babies. Anyways have multiple berried now so its just the wait game

-Changed the angle of the cholla so I could better view the shrimps

-Plants are actually growing quite nicely without co2

-Still some planaria action going on. I'm throwing my snails into the 20L for now but noticed that there is like almost no algae since getting them. Good benefit, but they are pooping sooo much.

-Going to look for some black zebras to add into this tank

-A few shot of them :P 

95.jpg

94.jpg

97.jpg

98.jpg

-The BB above has brown eggs, dunno if that means daddy is a BB or not. Havent done enough research yet to find out. The seller also told me the BB will lose color as it adapts in a new tank, and their offspring would show their true genes afterwards which are "EBB". Most look good already, but some have turned skyblue/some what white&blue

-Got a few new juvies :] Shot fresh from release, no drip.

-Been only doing 1gallon w/c 1x q1.5-2wks, no deaths so far thankfully since those 2 red zebras passed.

-Cull tank cycled and ready to go! Got some 1 stripe/2stripe wine reds from the 1st batch

PS: LF high grade/extreme shadow pandas, their so hard to find in the USA :(

100.jpg

-Only been 3 days and already a momma. Was kinda upset seller sent me an adult til I found out it was a female. Still kinda risky to transfer tho, especially since I dont acclimate my shrimps.

-Alot of the BB from the first sellers are FEMALES ❤️, so lucky. I should really selective breed them, but I'll let nature take its course for now. Will take pics of them later when I have a chance.

-Need to do a W/C Wednesday. So happy the tank is doing well, and hope it stays that way.

103.jpg

-Here are some of the females and newborns. They definitely loss color in my tank. They still carry the EBB gene so hopefully the 2nd generation will adapt even better.

-The females have even gotten bigger as these pics are a few day old. They are dued soon.

-Going to sell the 2 band wine reds/cull em eventually.

-Currently sourcing for spoted black pinto, shadow pandas, blue belly pintos.

108.jpg.85b6c5f911322c8d9220f36137690060.jpg-H110.jpg.b7ea561bd9922a2d91c2ff8d1889a10f.jpgthumbnail.jpg.7a530b5f9df0c2116d1242c6b2c3f1a3.jpg107.jpg.e46233fbe0d43ce43f87f9ce8d35c8af.jpg105.jpg.5de1a6c2c23d15111904218bf9199e61.jpg109.jpg.d9086ce4094b2a8844d7ea0f15410dac.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

-Tank went to 168 tds over a week idk how..had to do a major w/c. Its now sitting at 148 tds, going to change the water again tmr.

-Picked up some new goodies, 1 more coming from singapore for $120 shipped, not bad.

-Some update pics, also removed some of the wine red males to my cull tank

-Getting a ton of shrimplets also, hope they make it...

-Also the cull tank is finally finished, minus the lighting which isnt too important right now.

-Found some Shadow BKK mosura, but the seller wants triple digits EA.

116.jpg

115.jpg

20180602_231222.jpg

-Found some new babies, also found 2 wine red shrimplets dead. Dunno why..maybe from the w/c. Gonna check wp tmr.

-Getting some different variation in color and patterns. 3rd pic, got a few of those guys. Black zebra should be releasing soon also.

-2 shrimplets in the last pic

20180701_153344.jpg

20180701_153220.jpg.ca0cb239ee67a6052bbb34053992709f.jpg20180701_192545.jpg.1f5ac797d43c864505fab9d86d529a33.jpg

20180701_160559.jpg