7.5G Bee Tank

ILikeAsianBooty

10 hours ago, Memphis118 said:

Good luck. Is your tank completely cycled? Remember to take things slow... when I rushed it, I lost quite a bit of money from shrimp dying, seemed like my tank wasn't matured enough 

Yeah, I believe the tank is cycled since everything went back to 0. Will do the final w/c on Friday or so.

3 hours ago, Memphis118 said:

Looking good. How are they doing so far? 

1st day, they were swimming around like crazy exploring. 2nd day, I've found some molts which is a good sign, Today their just chillin, mainly on the dual sponge filter and the walls. Their not much of a fan of the feeding tray. TDS is around 130, will only top off and do w/c once tds is over 145-150.

3/29/18 Day 33, tank update

Boy today was hot in cali.

Took the heater out of my 20L, hopefully they adapt well. The tank was reading 74.5F.

-still waiting on the nag to come

Did a top off today on the cube, TDS at 134

-tank temp 71.2F. Heater set at 70F. Turned the fan on inside my room to help lower the temp. Will prob use frozen ice cube/water bottles in the summer when it starts to hit 110/tank temp >75

-got some nice new shrimps coming in by the end of next week hopefully also, with the addition of some snails

-wine reds are doing fine. They stopped swimming around like crazy. Tried feeding them some GG mineral pearls/elevate shrimp gold staple, they didnt really seem to like it. 

-plants doing surprising decent no fert/co2

-minor algae on glass, scrape front and leave sides? What ya clean it with? I've been using a old cc which isnt really convenient

thumbnail (7).jpg

thumbnail (6).jpg

From experience, using ice cubes and frozen water bottles is a bad idea. It will cause uneven temps. It's  better to use a mini fan. Here is what I use: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XN24GY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Something small and cheap. Using something like this actually can help drop temp 4-5 degrees.... downside is, it evaporates water a lot faster, which will require you to top off the system more. 

29829311_1883208938379000_823340855_o.jpg

52 minutes ago, Memphis118 said:

From experience, using ice cubes and frozen water bottles is a bad idea. It will cause uneven temps. It's  better to use a mini fan. Here is what I use: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XN24GY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Something small and cheap. Using something like this actually can help drop temp 4-5 degrees.... downside is, it evaporates water a lot faster, which will require you to top off the system more. 

29829311_1883208938379000_823340855_o.jpg

Ah, your the 2nd person Ive seen with that. Will cop one for each tank once things really heat up. Thanks alot for the suggestion!

Most likely will get the artic. Just need a usb splitter and hook that thing up to my router hehe. 

What should I do wit the remaining 4L? Dont really have enough room for another tank tbh unless I get another dresser or shoe cube stand

3 hours ago, ILikeAsianBooty said:

Most likely will get the artic. Just need a usb splitter and hook that thing up to my router hehe. 

What should I do wit the remaining 4L? Dont really have enough room for another tank tbh unless I get another dresser or shoe cube stand

Remaining 4L soil? Eh, get another dresser and set up another tank. Dresser = more space to store stuff... 

19 hours ago, Memphis118 said:

Remaining 4L soil? Eh, get another dresser and set up another tank. Dresser = more space to store stuff... 

Hmm yeah, Ill probably try the halfmoon/corner method from swiss. It seems alot of people really like this style of filtration. I'm feelin like I could get away with 4L in another 20L. With like 20% BDBS...

http://www.swisstropicals.com/filtration-shop/cornerfilter-shop/

I've got corner matten filters in two of my 10gal tanks and I use it to split up my 30 Breeder and a 20 Long as well.  A couple of small pieces of acrylic siliconed into place and allowed to dry for 24 hours, 30PPI Foam from ebay, 3/4" thinwall PVC for the lift tube, airstone, silicone airline & you're all done.  

Let me know if you want to try and build your own & I'll help as much as I can along the way!  

On 3/30/2018 at 4:33 PM, ILikeAsianBooty said:

You can also try one like this. $10 bucks on eBay 

20180402_163740.jpg

11 hours ago, wyzazz said:

I've got corner matten filters in two of my 10gal tanks and I use it to split up my 30 Breeder and a 20 Long as well.  A couple of small pieces of acrylic siliconed into place and allowed to dry for 24 hours, 30PPI Foam from ebay, 3/4" thinwall PVC for the lift tube, airstone, silicone airline & you're all done.  

Let me know if you want to try and build your own & I'll help as much as I can along the way!  

Do ya think it would be cheaper and more convenient if I just bought the stuff from swiss? Or do ya recommend to just build one? I'll just go with 1 ten gallon. It would fit under my shelf perfectly.

EDIT: Yehah, lets build this thing! Just got quoted $46...im gud lol

1 hour ago, Valek said:

I also have the Artic one. You can use double sided tape ( automotive grade ) and stick it to the glass.

20180402_171214.jpg

I'll prob grab the artic. Like the way it looks and seen a few good reviews about them also.

33 minutes ago, ILikeAsianBooty said:

Do ya think it would be cheaper and more convenient if I just bought the stuff from swiss? Or do ya recommend to just build one? I'll just go with 1 ten gallon. It would fit under my shelf perfectly.

EDIT: Yehah, lets build this thing! Just got quoted $46...im gud lol

Way cheaper to build them!!!  I'll post some links when I get to a pc.

If you look at the top two 10gal tanks, they have corner HMF's setup similarly to the ones pictured above.  The rest of the tanks just have the foam fit tightly into the back of the tank, no acrylic needed to hold them into place.  

Oh, and to make the holes in the foam I used a step bit in my drill.  I ran the drill in reverse and made the hole about 1/2 the size I thought I needed it to be initially.  Hopefully, that saves you a piece of ruined foam or two!  

rack4.jpg

11 hours ago, Memphis118 said:

Really? You got it to work with double sided tape? When I used it, it kept falling off......

Go to an auto parts store and get the tape used for automotive emblems. Mine has been in the glass for 3 years without a problem.

This is the one I use.

Screenshot_20180403-090449.jpg