7.5G Bee Tank

ILikeAsianBooty

7 hours ago, wyzazz said:

Just curious how big that first tank is? Btw the mesh is enough to divide the tank(halfmoon)?Seems like it would be enough to split 2  For the pvc..glue or just connect?

3 hours ago, wyzazz said:

The first tank is a 20 Long, the next few pics are of a 30 Breeder.  I just push the PVC together, no need for gluing.  

Oh btw, was gonna make the purchase but the air valve link is the same as the air stone..is it just the $1 air stones from petco?

12 minutes ago, ILikeAsianBooty said:

Oh btw, was gonna make the purchase but the air valve link is the same as the air stone..is it just the $1 air stones from petco?

Sorry about that, here are the airstones.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/24PCS-1-Air-Stone-Aquarium-Aerator-Diffuser-Pump-Fish-Tank-Hydroponics-/182024403688?hash=item2a617ffae8

Same as the ones at petco, just more of them for less $$$.

3 hours ago, wyzazz said:

Sorry about that, here are the airstones.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/24PCS-1-Air-Stone-Aquarium-Aerator-Diffuser-Pump-Fish-Tank-Hydroponics-/182024403688?hash=item2a617ffae8

Same as the ones at petco, just more of them for less $$$.

Alrite, just placed the order. Got everything except for lighting. Also grabbed some food grade silicon glue from the bay.Looks like I just need to grab the PVC when the other items get here. Got enough supplies for atleast 2 HMF setups.

4/4

Its always worth it to get another opinion, thanks again @wyzazz for helping me gather the parts for the HMF setup. Also thank you to @Memphis118 @Valek for helping me out with the heat problem. 

-Some of the parts for the filter wont come until later on in the month but idm too much. 

-Also after weeks of waiting my nag bubbler order got cancel zzzzzzzz

-Will do w/c tmr. Wine red are doing really great in the tank so far

-Snails came in today. They look really dope and hope they add into creating a good environment for the shrimps

-Something nice coming in this Friday hopefull. Anticipate it!

thumbnail.jpg

12 minutes ago, ILikeAsianBooty said:

4/4

Its always worth it to get another opinion, thanks again @wyzazz for helping me gather the parts for the HMF setup. Also thank you to @Memphis118 @Valek for helping me out with the heat problem. 

-Some of the parts for the filter wont come until later on in the month but idm too much. 

-Also after weeks of waiting my nag bubbler order got cancel zzzzzzzz

-Will do w/c tmr. Wine red are doing really great in the tank so far

-Snails came in today. They look really dope and hope they add into creating a good environment for the shrimps

-Something nice coming in this Friday hopefull. Anticipate it!

thumbnail.jpg

Did you get the snails from Dluxeshrimps?  Rowland has some dope ass snails for sure!!!

4 minutes ago, Memphis118 said:

Why did your NAG bubbler get canceled?

Dunno, they said it was out of stock and they were not making anymore.

3 minutes ago, wyzazz said:

Did you get the snails from Dluxeshrimps?  Rowland has some dope ass snails for sure!!!

Yeah, I got them from deluxe! Dunno who Rowland is tho.

4/7

-Cleared the front glass a few days ago, wc(1/2 gallon)130 TDS

-Package came late, some extreme/mid grade blue bolts came in. A few arrived dead possibly due to the delay(1 day)? Packed was insulated, no heat pack. Contacted the seller to see what they will do. Hopefully they will color up nice as the seller also has some nice red zebra pintos that I've been looking for.

-no deaths so far from the wine reds, some more molting and they are getting bigger. On some days their active, aswell as inactive on other days dunno why.

-2 sacs of snail eggs already formed xD

2.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

How much pure veggie is in their diets? I've been reading, and it looked like I was feeding a bit more protein than needed for shrimp, and once I switched to a about 80-90% veggie diet, they have been much more active. I also heard that veggies help with regulate their metabolism.

What are the foods you're feeding now? 

1 hour ago, Memphis118 said:

How much pure veggie is in their diets? I've been reading, and it looked like I was feeding a bit more protein than needed for shrimp, and once I switched to a about 80-90% veggie diet, they have been much more active. I also heard that veggies help with regulate their metabolism.

What are the foods you're feeding now? 

Currently feeding them 3x a week; crushed mulberry pellets and theshrimpimp which is really popular with both tanks. 1x/random food pellet like shrimpking/GG/etc..I've tried spinach before but they weren't really fond of it and also some dandelion pellets which they barely touched.

4/8

-seller plans to send 5 more free of charge with better packaging! 

-finally got to play around with the camera on my new phone that I had for awhile. Not as clear as a DSLR, but im happy :P

30.jpg

47.jpg

52.jpg

WOW, finally learned how to add pictures in between post!

-So I got the filter mesh today and holy its big enough to fill like 2-5 tanks...I'm gonna divide this spare 10 I have instead of buying another 20L to use it as a cull. Will eventually divide the 20L during the summer or so...long time from now. So in my mind I plan to use the 10 to make 2 5gal space for the bee cull, and eventually divide the blue dream tank into 10 and 10 cull if that makes sense. Dunno when I'll have time to set this up but hopefully by end of next week and get it going.

-Color of the bb coming in nice...would be nice if it came out solid 60-70% when matured

-DOA replacement coming in tmr w/zebras...hope they are all alive, lets all pray

thumbnail.jpg.39eec54e2c523f2927b6a7b5540036ec.jpg5acede9bd6460_thumbnail(3).jpg.06ff181b895d7cb46cd08ea62bfd4fb8.jpg

-btw my prized blue dream dropped all of its egg the next day after it got berried idk why...it hasnt been berried for a month after back to back clutches which released 15+ each time...havent tested waters, but only had 2 newborn deaths out of 30+ in the past week. Gotta say there are quite a few water fleas idk how to get rid of after trying to hold back onto the feeding to reduce them...didn't help much. This reason could of caused some stress.

-2 months before --->2 months after a fresh molt..only like 5 eggs inside atm

-20180215_135024.jpg.5d6ae81913fb8c3abd825db2231494bc.jpg5acedea036792_thumbnail(2).jpg.0f7d3a866ab860e3c07eae5343d13151.jpg

-DOA came in all alive this time. Packaged really well,but the inside was abit wet dunno why... Was able to snap some pics of the new fellas before they went into hiding. 

-need to do another 1/2gal w/c tmr and clean the front tank again

-may start on the cull tank this week actually. Found some time to atleast buy the glass/look for them at lowes

This one looks really promising and is the smallest of them all. Hope it grows up well (female maybe :])

62.jpg.d8d2585c36ae2f3ebcda80d6110b68c8.jpg

Here is one of the three zebras. Couldnt get a good picture, I apologize as my phone isnt as good and the side glass are dirty

57.jpg.e0143b21684831391f8f80eb4730f5e7.jpg

Random shot 

64.jpg.6e36e38db8e22ad6c220b95dbfdd5e40.jpg

Looks like this wine red is a female..please help confirm but im 90% sure. 

68.jpg.7b284442f47ee55e54f8144933d39c24.jpg

12 hours ago, wyzazz said:

Very nice!  Try to get a different angle of that Wine Red but she looks like a girl to me!

Its been hiding all day so hard to get another pic. Started on the halfmoon..guy at lowes didnt know how to cut the aryclic glass(2cm) zzzzzzz...idk how to cut it at home so I tried to score it but it took forever for 2 pieces.

Will definitely invest into a scoring knife the next time around. 90% finished with the halfmoon, just need to cut the pipes abit more. Could have done a better job but it was a good and fun learning experience.

thumbnail.jpg.6c89ee5c75db35fea90d4ce71165c18d.jpg

-looks like the seller gave me a low grade mosura bb

20180413_183622.jpg.099ed00c76be3f18b13b7947107ef2cf.jpg

6 hours ago, wyzazz said:

Who did you get the Blue Bolts from?  They are very nice!  

They were purchased from an Canadian seller. Honestly they were suppose to be ALL ebb, but the ones received almost half are either s-ss and a few high grade and I believe two were actually true ebb. Didn't complain to the seller but if anyone wants the seller just PM me but I would look elsewhere if you wanted true ebb/high grades. Shipping took 5 days to cali.

Also initially the shrimps looked more blue due to stress, but some retained their true colors while some as I said returned back to an s-as grade. I have 9 in total. All doing well so far.