UP Aqua Shrimp Sand - fake product??! Downgraded formula?

I have been using UP Aqua Shrimp Sand 1mm size for years with great success. Perfect product for me. However...

I recently bought some from guppysaquariumproducts.com.au (Australia). It was a larger size, about 2-3mm, and looked a little different.  It came in a vacuum-packed bag, instead of loose in a regular bag.  I figured it's just the larger size that I have heard about, but that it would be basically the same.  Not!  Within 90 days most of it has disintegrated to dust.  Stirring up the substrate produces dense, heavy clouds of 'smoke' - the disintegrated material. It's a disaster.

Also the water chemistry is not quite the same. OK, but not perfect like before.

Has anyone else experienced a change in this product, or know whether there is a fake version around?  (I can't ask guppysaquariumproducts because their web site is erroring.)

Do any Australians here know where to buy the good 1mm UP Aqua Shrimp Sand, in the ordinary (non-vacuum) bag?

Thanks.