Hello

Dcortiz

Nice to meet you guys! Located in Cali, Just recently started back into the hobby after a long break have been wanting to get into shrimp for a while now and have the time to finally do it, looking into getting some blue bolts or CRS/CBS but not sure where to start hope you guys can help :)

Welcome,

You said the tank has been set up only a few days ago? If that is the case, it's probably not cycled, and barely even started. What are your Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate readings?

What substrate did you use?

Did you use Pure RODI water? Did you reminerialize your water? (during cycle you dont need to, but once you get shrimp, you will)

I recommend you have the tank up and running for at least 1.5 to 2 months before adding shrimp to ensure you have a healthy amount of biofilm and a semi matured tank before adding shrimp, it will save you a lot of headaches in the long run. 

Yeah it’s not cycled currently cycling it with some media from a friends tank.

amonia hard to tell it’s either 0 or .25

Nitrite is 0

nitrate is 10-20 

substate got an ok deal deal on fluval stratum 17$ for a 8.8lb bag

yes I used Ro/Di water TDS of 0 and I did reminerlize the water with salty shrimp GH+ To around 125-130TdS