Safest way to acclimate shipped shrimp?

Title pretty much says it all. Awaiting bee shrimp from Flip Aquatics and wanted to know if there was anything I should know before tossing them in my tank? They have a youtube channel but I didn't see anything about acclimating shrimp on there. Do I just float the bag for awhile, then drop them right in? How do you guys do it?

I drip acclimate my new arrivals for between 15-24 hours before adding them to any tanks. 

I believe eve that’s how Flip Aquatics does it if I’m not mistaken, I think I heard it mentioned in a video about a mass casualty of yellowback neocaridinas where they had several hundred new shrimp for both during delivery and continued after arrival. Which is exactly why you should always quarantine new shrimp. 

I could be mistaken about seeing it on Flip Aquatics but I’m fairly certain. 

CDAquatics Enterprises

I drip acclimate into a new or quarantine tank using Marina HOB Breeder Boxes.  No worries about overflowing a container, & I can leave them in there for as long as I want for observation.  

So a quarantine tank is recommended?  Wouldn't it need to be cycled as well? I doubt I could have one established before they arrive unless they take weeks to ship. If I get my parameters to match their tank water, wouldn't there still be a rise in pH after I opened the bag or is this just an issue with fish? I think I read something about this elsewhere.

28 minutes ago, smitty78 said:

So a quarantine tank is recommended?  Wouldn't it need to be cycled as well? I doubt I could have one established before they arrive unless they take weeks to ship. If I get my parameters to match their tank water, wouldn't there still be a rise in pH after I opened the bag or is this just an issue with fish? I think I read something about this elsewhere.

Is the tank new?  Do you already have shrimp in it?  If you've already got an established sponge filter you can jumpstart a tank in relatively short order.  You really just want to observe them closely for a couple of weeks and keep them away from existing shrimp to keep from spreading any potential disease/infection.  Shrimp have little to no bioload, you could also just keep an eye on the water parameters and ensure they stay good.  

Flip Aquatics uses breather bags so there shouldn't be any appreciable rise in pH.  If you don't have a separate tank to quarantine then I'll recommend the HOB Breeder boxes again.  They are air driven and work very well.  They will at least allow you to view the shrimp easily, I use the medium size.  https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B005QRDCP2/?coliid=I3227CNJG0LKC5&colid=21UX9TH331DWV&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

47 minutes ago, wyzazz said:

Is the tank new?  Do you already have shrimp in it?  If you've already got an established sponge filter you can jumpstart a tank in relatively short order.  You really just want to observe them closely for a couple of weeks and keep them away from existing shrimp to keep from spreading any potential disease/infection.  Shrimp have little to no bioload, you could also just keep an eye on the water parameters and ensure they stay good.  

Flip Aquatics uses breather bags so there shouldn't be any appreciable rise in pH.  If you don't have a separate tank to quarantine then I'll recommend the HOB Breeder boxes again.  They are air driven and work very well.  They will at least allow you to view the shrimp easily, I use the medium size.  https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B005QRDCP2/?coliid=I3227CNJG0LKC5&colid=21UX9TH331DWV&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Thanks for responding, wyzazz.

The tank is still somewhat new (7 weeks) and has no fish or shrimp in there. I cycled it like I did with my fish tanks by using pure ammonia and a temporary "seeded" HOB running on it. Tank has shown no signs of ammonia or nitrites in weeks... just nitrate. I did a water change after the API nitrate test was reddish orange. I haven't done much else since. 

I have never used a HOB breeder box, though. It looks interesting. So I just run another air line off my pump manifold to the breeder box and it aerates the water inside or does it slowly siphon water from your tank into it? You mentioned you dripped your tank water into the box, did you use a separate airline tube for this? Please forgive my ignorance.

Since the tank has no inhabitants you can add them directly to the new tank.  

Yes, it runs off of an air pump and tank water slowly circulates through the HOB Breeder Box.  It acts like an arilift pump, it pushes water up into the box using air. 

To drip acclimate with it just hook the airline up to the lift tube and use the included airline valve to adjust the air so that water drips in at the rate of around 1 drip per second.  It takes a minute to get it dripping at the proper rate.  

For shrimp, I put a small piece of sponge on the outflow of the HOB Breeder Box.  This keeps really small shrimp from flowing through the included "gates" on the box.