Salty Shrimp GH+ Vs MK Breed Blue Diamond

So when I first started, I always used SS GH+ and always got around 80-90 TDS for GH 5... then I used TDS UP to fill up the difference to get around 130. I recently switched to Liquid, MK-Breed Blue Diamond and I can honestly say, so far, it's pretty good. 5 ML in 5 Gallons got me exactly GH 5 with TDS 130-135. Anyone else have issues with SS not giving consistent TDS readings ?

3 minutes ago, Memphis118 said:

So when I first started, I always used SS GH+ and always got around 80-90 TDS for GH 5... then I used TDS UP to fill up the difference to get around 130. I recently switched to Liquid, MK-Breed Blue Diamond and I can honestly say, so far, it's pretty good. 5 ML in 5 Gallons got me exactly GH 5 with TDS 130-135. Anyone else have issues with SS not giving consistent TDS readings ?

For gh 4 -5 i get with ss ghtds 130ppm  but ro water is no 0 oppm , i get 15-20ppm...

if i do what they suggest , 150ppm , i have molting issues... i try this and lost a lot of babies of crs.

in Salt Water salt mixes, the bottom of the tub will give different parameters than the top of the tub.  This is because the smaller particles will seperate from the larger particles.  I believe you might have this happening in your SS mix as well.

11 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

in Salt Water salt mixes, the bottom of the tub will give different parameters than the top of the tub.  This is because the smaller particles will seperate from the larger particles.  I believe you might have this happening in your SS mix as well.

So you think my SS bottle just isn't mixed enough? Imma give liquid a try for a bit and see how it is. So far, the mixing / TDS has been very stable for me.

6 minutes ago, Memphis118 said:

So you think my SS bottle just isn't mixed enough? Imma give liquid a try for a bit and see how it is. So far, the mixing / TDS has been very stable for me.

That is my thought and is what I experience in my Salt water mixes.  SS is the same concept of using salts to remineralize the ro water.  I have used the liquids and have had great results.  I used the SL Aqua brand liquids.

3 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

That is my thought and is what I experience in my Salt water mixes.  SS is the same concept of using salts to remineralize the ro water.  I have used the liquids and have had great results.  I used the SL Aqua brand liquids.

Try to measure the amount u add and the result in ppm to see if there is any diferents...

I dotn think that this is the problem.

The problem is with the humidity...

33 minutes ago, nicpapa said:

Try to measure the amount u add and the result in ppm to see if there is any diferents...

I dotn think that this is the problem.

The problem is with the humidity...

nope my house is always about the same with the ac running.  google what I posted about the salts seperating and you will find many in the saltwater world with this problem.

I am not entirely sure why SS always gave me lower TDS readings, but switching to liquid seemed to be more stable for me. Getting a TDS around 130 GH 5 eliminates the need for me to use TDS UP from mosura. 

Only time will tell how my shrimp react to the change, but at least from a chemistry point of view, its looking good. I also started to use MK Breed Blood diamond for minerals and vitamins during each water change to help shrimps out a bit more