TKS Supply shipping materials.

ctaylor3737

So after searching the net for awhile I have found a great shipping tool for shrimp. Sure there are other ways that maybe cheaper but these boxes are molded to fit in a priority shipping box perfectly. They are 3/4 in thick and are very crush resistant. They run out to be 3.00$ a box, which for me isn't bad if I'm shipping like w animals. If you have ever had a crushed box you know what I mean. I work mine into my shipping fee so it is covered anyways. Literally easy to use and care free.

I have tested these for 6 shipments with zero issues with the boxes. I also bought the dry gel cold packs that are dirt cheap and also easy to use. Here is some pictures of the shipping boxes.

a2upaga6.jpg

ra2ymyzy.jpg

de4uqeqe.jpg

pe7yvyzy.jpg

Figured I would share these. I also just use packing peanuts or insulation to pack the boxes.

Beautiful box.  The challenge I have is people still have the attitude they want the shipping to be as cheap as possible.  I charge $10 shipping for a 7x7x6 insulated priority box and can go into the red on that sometimes, too.

It's a delicate balance between insulation, and the customer buying.

I've only went over once or twice. With these it usually runs 6.00 to ship. For the security they offer Its worth it. Recently had an order of 40 shrimp mailed only 1 hr from my house. He got it in a trash bag, smashed and all DOA. Had to eat the cost of replacing the shrimp and meeting him the next time. I'm willing to make an investment especially when I start selling Taiwan Bees. Your right though depends on what your comfortable with. If I was relying heavily on shrimp sales I would probably want to cut more costs.

Mine is covered in my shipping fee. I buy bulk of all the other stuff so don't ever have much into it.

Ok that's what I thought, typically when I was sending out RCs I'd do the small cubes, and shipping cost would be like $6, plus materials I'd usually end up asking for $8 to cover everything. But with the plants I've been pretty consistent on making sure I just about break even in shipping, have only gone into the red once on a large box, asked for $18 and it cost me almost $25 for shipping alone lol

Yea these are the small cubes, Here's what my fee covers

6-6.50 Shipping

3.00- Styro cold pack included.

I use recycled materials for packing. Newspaper, peanuts from old shipments etc.

Then just have breather bags, and I use priority mail tape for free. I've never went over in shipping. I also refund any difference I don't want to make anything off shipping.

I still don't know how I feel about the breather bags lol

Yea for awhile I was shipping the small cubes using small flat rate boxes lol

Which ones?

I've used those to ship frozen stuff. Definitely worth it, hate trying to ship without them.

Keeps stuff from getting smashed. Last shipment guy said ice pack was still frozen and it got delivered.

Chris where did you purchase the boxes from and do they fit in a medium flat rate box by USPS?

I spelled it wrong in the title. They do make them for different sized boxes. They have a lot of different stuff on there.

http://www.tsksupply.com

Are you using coldpacks in your shipments?  If so what size? 

hmm... looking at the shipping cups, That'd be nice for delicate plants

Depending on the size you can get them at Walmart cheap.

That's where I get mine for buces/anubis's white/erios.

Are you using coldpacks in your shipments? If so what size?

I used the 3 oz dry gel packs. They come and are flat, it's amazing soak them in water they fill and then you just freeze them. I tape it to the top of the lid, on the inside and put a barrier between that and the bag. They are cheap to.

http://www.tsksupply.com/dry-gel-3-oz-ice-packs-60-count/

Ya I use the 3oz dry gel ones to.

PS: if you just get the dry gel packs only email them and ask them to ship via USPS first class. I asked them to do that and it way cheaper then there set input shipping costs.